Polk Audio Super Bowl Party...

Comments

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Go Vikes!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    I'm rootin' for the Vikes to win, and NE to lose.....dang it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • MrBuhl
    I'm a Stiller fan sadly, so I'm rooting for Vikes, but unfortunately half-heartedly for the Pats too - the wife is a Pats fan, and with my team out, she no likey the rooting against "her" team if I have no dog in the hunt... sigh, the things we do...
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    I just put 20.00 on N.E. in today's game. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Jesus the eagle's..... wow
    Still pulling for your Vikings but they better get it in gear
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    eagle's
    *Eagles

Why is it people can't put an apostrophe in "you're" and just spell it as "your", but when they pluralize words, they add an unnecessary apostrophe? Some of you people need to worry less about your audio and more about your grammar. :o:p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Need Xavier Rhodes
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    My condolences John. As we like to say in Chicago....maybe next year.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    Well there are times your just typing along and sea's a word thats like cool and all so yous just just like dont care weather yous like it or isnt cares you knows
  • Viking64
    Well there are times your just typing along and sea's a word thats like cool and all so yous just just like dont care weather yous like it or isnt cares you knows

Butt....dont u wan't two tipe beddar ?
  • pitdogg2
    Hopefully the Superbowl will be a great game until the end and not one sided.
    I'm pulling for the Eagles in that one. Never bet against the Patriots though.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    That defeat was second only to the beat down the Vikings got from the Giants and the 41 donut game.

The opening drive was as impressive as they get, the defense comes out and gets a stop. Keenum tosses a pick 6 and it was over after that.

I turned off the second half...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    That defeat was second only to the beat down the Vikings got from the Giants and the 41 donut game.

The opening drive was as impressive as they get, the defense comes out and gets a stop. Keenum tosses a pick 6 and it was over after that.

Say it along with me, you can't win em all, and wait till next year.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    I don't think so for me. While there will always be next year, I don't think I have it in me to be so wrapped up with what happens on Sunday any more. 50 years of disappointment is enough for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    tonyb wrote: »
    My condolences John. As we like to say in Chicago....maybe next year.

We useta say dat in Bahsten, too.
    Not no more.
  • tonyb

Actually the last half was decent. I question their game plan though with 6 minutes left in the game. They were having success running the ball the whole game. When they needed to run time off the clock....they come out throwing ?

They needed to keep Brady off the field, run down the clock by running the ball and converting 3rd downs. Worked the whole game, and once they went away from that plan, I knew they were toast.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    what game were you watching Tony... you need to get better rabbit ears.

• tonyb
    what game were you watching Tony... you need to get better rabbit ears.

Watched the whole game John, they were doing just fine up until that last quarter. If they would have managed the clock better, the outcome might have been different.

I must also say, NE got away with a ton on penalties that I saw. A few holding calls that should have been but went with a blind eye. Couple pass interference calls on the Vikes were b.s. too in my opinion.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    So, is this "Fantasy Football" thing an idea where you make up an imaginary game of the two teams you wished played each other in The Super Bowl? :p

Tony, it seems you are getting the two games and/or four teams a little mixed-up.
  • MrBuhl
    esch, sorry John, was really rooting for that first home Superbowl for you.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• nooshinjohn
    edited January 2018
    The Vikings did not play the Patriots Tony, they played the Eagles. The Pats played Jacksonville. And no... Jacksonville are NOT the bratwurst company. That would be Johnsonville.

Time to lay off the pasta Tony. Put the meatballs down and slowly back away from the buffet line. :D:p

• tonyb
    edited January 2018
    Yes, indeed I did get the 2 games mixed up...lol. Obviously I need more than 2 cups of coffee before posting. :)

My commentary still stands, just substitute Panthers in for Vikes.

Philly simply rolled them, they came to win. Pretty impressive show they put on, I only hope they can take it to NE in the same manner.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165

Wait, you saw the Panthers play yesterday??? I'll have what he's having!!!
  • pitdogg2
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

No doubt Tony is a little fouled to say the least.....
    I do not know if I want any it could be permanent ......
  • Viking64
    As far as the OTHER game, if Bjorn Borg touched the net with his foot, Johnny Unitas might have swung his bat at the buzzer, and that extra touchdown attempt would not have counted. Wyoming had several coughing penalties so their fuel strategy didn't work as well as Las Vegas' balance beam kickoff. But like John Madden always says: "If you don't get your bobsled into the end zone, how you handle the sand traps is of little importance." That could not have been any more true in yesterday's Grand Slam of trampoline bowling.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

zv73j2ji8jc9.jpg
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 734
    You inviting the Kardashians

I hear they're out of town, but Bieber is scheduled for a private halftime concert in the back yard.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
    It's only teenage wasteland
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,047
    I don't think so for me. While there will always be next year, I don't think I have it in me to be so wrapped up with what happens on Sunday any more. 50 years of disappointment is enough for me.

We've had the same thing in San Diego for years. Good riddance Chargers. Go disappoint LA for a few years. :smiley:
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    dpowell wrote: »

We've had the same thing in San Diego for years. Good riddance Chargers. Go disappoint LA for a few years. :smiley:
    The only good thing is that they host my Ravens this year, so not so much of a drive!