Hifonics Question

Demonoids777
Demonoids777 Posts: 14
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am looking into buying a Hifonics amp and was just wondering if the model I am looking at will acommadate what I want to do. I already own an Audiobahn AW122T 12" sub that has one 4Ohm voice coil, what I would like to do is purchase the Hifonics 1500D and run two of these subs in parralel mode, will this amp do what I hope and think it will do or is there a different way of going about this. I would still like to go with the brand and model of subs that I have now.

Thanx for any feedback

This is where the amp is and where I am going to buy it from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=3090063472&rd=1
Post edited by Demonoids777 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    if those subs are 4ohm svc subs like you say, wiring it in parallel will give you 450-500watts to each sub
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Demonoids777
    edited April 2004
    But will this amp work for what I want to do. I am getting ready to purchase it and need to know before the auction is over with.

Thanx
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    yes
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Demonoids777
    edited April 2004
    Sound quality and everything will be good? And will this still be enough power to make the 2 subs sound great?

Thank you very much for your replies Exalted
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    yeah, that's enough power. the amp is better than the subs, but it should still sound okay. it'll be what you have now, but louder. and it'll sound a little better.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs