Need an extra outlet

We just moved into a new house and I've only got one dual outlet where I want my stereo system placed. I have 3 components to plug in all with audiophile power cords. What's the best/cleanest solution power-wise? I could have an additional outlet installed. I know I could use something like the Signal Magic Power strip but would rather not introduce another power cable or use a power strip for that matter. Ideally there would be a quality, audiophile type adapter that I could just plug in the wall to give me extra outlets. Does anyone know of anything like that?
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• Most likely your house has really crappy power, and poor load balancing... Few houses have line conditioners or even surge protection at the panel (though it's surprisingly easy to add it)
    I'd skip the 'strip and get yourself a power line conditioner and never touch that outlet directly with your equipment.

Here's a decent Tripp-Lite as an example. Clean power is clean power don't be fooled by the non audiophile brand. These are our go-to units for servers (though we usually get the same features plus battery backup)
    https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-LC2400-Conditioner-Outlet/dp/B0000514OG/

Don't forget to isolate and surge protect ALL connections that bridge the gap from the conditioned side to the house side. All cable lines, network lines etc.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited December 2017
    Or you could put a new box in that will accommodate two outlets and wire it up. You would also be able to see what gage wire you have going to the outlet now. Do you know what all is on that circuit?
  • I added a Furman Elite-15 PFi to my system in a room that lacked outlets and it really helps with it's 45 amp peak current storage it has available on demand. It cleaned up the floor noise, improved my TV/Cable picture quality and supplies the added power the system needs when driven hard. Rewiring wasn't an option for me.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    I added a Furman Elite-15 PFi to my system in a room that lacked outlets and it really helps with it's 45 amp peak current storage it has available on demand. It cleaned up the floor noise, improved my TV/Cable picture quality and supplies the added power the system needs when driven hard. Rewiring wasn't an option for me.

So I wonder how this compares to the Furmans with less outlets. I only need 3 and this has an absurd 13 :^ / I mean, I don't have an aversion to the cost...just wondering if the extra $$$ is going to the un-needed outlets.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    I added a Furman Elite-15 PFi to my system in a room that lacked outlets and it really helps with it's 45 amp peak current storage it has available on demand. It cleaned up the floor noise, improved my TV/Cable picture quality and supplies the added power the system needs when driven hard. Rewiring wasn't an option for me.

So I wonder how this compares to the Furmans with less outlets. I only need 3 and this has an absurd 13 :^ / I mean, I don't have an aversion to the cost...just wondering if the extra $$$ is going to the un-needed outlets.

On second thought, and after some research, I actually decided to go with one of these. Thanks for the input ;^ )
  • @TNTsTunes - That Furman is neato... compact, affordable, and pretty.
    The 15i would look good dedicated to the 2ch Technics stack here with those rounded edges and LEDs that match the old light-blue fluorescent displays.

My old-tech power filters at home are 40lb bandpass filtered 1:1 torroidal transformers, staged after a shunting surge block. They're ugly as sin, but the prettiest sine wave you ever did see - I get a kick out of them, and how they dim the lights when you turn them on and they bring the core to saturation, but they're never on display... They could be really cool if they were displayed open, but I'd never hear the end of it if one of the cats got fried :lol:
  • Been using the Furman PL Pro DMC, which is a rack mountable 20 amp unit, for several years and have been very happy. Furman makes some great stuff, and I'm sure the Furman Elite 15 will do a great job for you.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • Been using the Furman PL Pro DMC, which is a rack mountable 20 amp unit, for several years and have been very happy. Furman makes some great stuff, and I'm sure the Furman Elite 15 will do a great job for you.

The Elite 15 comes with rack mounts that you can use if needed.

They offer a Elite 20 which is perfect for use with 20 amp circuits, it has 70+ amps of reserve power storage and includes rack mounts if you need them also.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• dragon1952
    Audio Advisor has a lot of open-box Furman units if anyone is interested in buying themselves a X-mas present at as nice discount :^ )