Anyone here a Piano player ?

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Guys,
curious if anyone here is a serious Piano player ? If so, any opinion on Yamaha's baby grand piano ? Thanks...
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
    That's an awesome piano. Sorry I don't have more to add to that one, but my fiance is really into them and has mentioned that one many-a-time.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2004
    thanks, demi..and it's an awesome piece of furniture too :) with the Disklavier unit, it's like being in a piano bar....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
    Thinking about getting one!? :eek:
  • polkatese
    edited April 2004
    I demoed one, seriously considering one, there goes my speaker funds...
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2004
    I took lessons off and on for 5 years.... phtt, didn't get anything out of it except basic skills. I still can't read music without much concentration, and there's too many damn keys on there! We have an old Brambach Cabinet Grand (I forget the date on it, either late 1800s or early 1900s). Thing is practically immovable.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Was a fairly decent player about 20 years ago. The skill is all but gone now. But, about a year ago we bought a piano. I am just now getting back into the swing of playing. Re-learning is tougher than I thought. I may sign up for lessons to help ease the frustration.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Gotie
    Gotie Posts: 1
    edited May 2007
    i work in a yamaha dealer~ i'm welling to prove u more information about disklavier. disklavier is became mature and stayble, very good investment!~
  • crazy
    crazy Posts: 443
    edited May 2007
    polkatese, I've been playing the piano for donkeys years and yeah those yamaha Baby grands are awesome. A serious concert pianist might balk at them because they are not Steinway... but seriously Yamaha pianos rocks!
    Distant Dream - A New Beginning
    www.distantdream.com
    (Now also available on iTunes)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Gotie wrote: »
    i work in a yamaha dealer~ i'm welling to prove u more information about disklavier. disklavier is became mature and stayble, very good investment!~

First post is to resurrect a three year old dead thread with the hopes of selling something?:rolleyes:
    Carl

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited May 2007
    I saw this thread... and saw that I had replied to it, and thought, "WTF? When did I ever reply to some piano thread???"
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I'm not but my sister is and owns one. . . awesome sounding and it is really that beautiful black.
  • crazy
    crazy Posts: 443
    edited May 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    First post is to resurrect a three year old dead thread with the hopes of selling something?:rolleyes:

Woa.... didn't realize that this was a really really really old post till our man Gotie decided to resurrect it!!! he!he

polkatese - did you ever end up getting the piano? If not, our man Gotie is going to give you a great deal, 99% off :D
    Distant Dream - A New Beginning
    www.distantdream.com
    (Now also available on iTunes)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Whoa shite I didn't realize the original date either. . . duhhhhhhh!!!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    I play. I tought myself in high school. Learned how to read music and all!:) I would Love to have a Yamaha baby grand and I have read nice things about them.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • sterling bug
    sterling bug Posts: 228
    edited May 2007
    I'm great on the piano, but suck on the organ.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    I played for 12 years, and when I met my wife, she wanted to hear me play... so of course I pulled out my masterpiece, that took over 6 months to complete... A very advanced piece or so I thought… I played it through one time and felt very proud of myself… then I wanted her to try it (Dumb dumb dumb) and with much encouragement, she sat down and played it better the first time through by sight reading than I could ever have dreamed of playing! She's a concert pianist... I'll have to ask her if it's a good piano. If I remember correctly, Yamaha makes good stuff.

Nice 3 year old thread :D

Some things never die.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• polkatese
    edited May 2007
    Dang, I forgot about this thread (obviously). Yes, I went with the Yammie, Disklavier Mark IV. It's nice, I played casually, kids are taking the lesson.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    Congrats (a few years old perhaps, but still congrats.) I've still got a Kohler and Campbell that holds its tune rather well. I'm keeping it at my parent's house until I finally suck it up and buy my own place. I refuse to beat it up in repeated moves...

I miss playing. I played from the age of 5 right through to college, and then gave it up to chase women and beers. Looking forward to getting mine back!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"