the pretzel got me thinkin

Options
Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Bush II is having the same presidency as Bush I!

Bush I had a war (Gulf), a recession, a scandal (Iran-Contra), and a sick episode (**** puke).

Bush II has a war (Afghan), a recession, a burgeoning scandal (Enron), and now a sick episode (pretzel).

What up wit dis?
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I hate to punch a hole in your theory.....Iran-Contra took place during the Reagan years...

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2002
    Options
    "Read my lips...NO NEW TAXES!!!"

Need I say more? Didn't think so.

Also, where were the secret service when this terrorist pretzel attacked our president? Were they Snyders or Utz pretzels? I think financial troubles lie ahead for the maker of these pretzels if it leaks out as to the maker of said pretzels.

Honestly though, I think the Enron execs created a genetically enhanced "Attack Pretzel" to take out our president to keep him "quiet". I smell conspiracy!!!

I'll stick to white cheese popcorn thank you very much. ;)

John
    No excuses!
  • Micah Cohen
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Iran-Contra was both Reagan and Bush I guess. It was Reagan because it happened under his watch, but he had to admit that he didn't really know it was going on. But it was also Bush because he lied about not being "in the loop" when he was Vice-President regarding how it operated and because he pardoned almost all the people who ran it or knew about it. Right?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• trend1
    trend1 Posts: 36
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Also, where were the secret service when this terrorist pretzel attacked our president? Were they Snyders or Utz pretzels? I think financial troubles lie ahead for the maker of these pretzels if it leaks out as to the maker of said pretzels.

Honestly though, I think the Enron execs created a genetically enhanced "Attack Pretzel" to take out our president to keep him "quiet". I smell conspiracy!!!

I'll stick to white cheese popcorn thank you very much.

John

John, Very funny!

trend
    Mains: Polk RTi 12 (Bi-Wired)
    Center: Polk CSi 5
    Surrounds: Polk FXi 3
    Rear: Polk FXi 3
    Sub: Polk PSW505
    Receiver: Denon 3805
    Power Amp: 2 Outlaw M-Blocks
  • mikemokr
    mikemokr Posts: 150
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Main HT (family room): Polk Monitor 7 (1987-original owner) (L/R) / CSi40 (C) / RTi38 (SL/SR) / SVS 20-39PC (sub), Outlaw 975 pre/pro / Outlaw 7075 amp, Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray, LG 42LM5800 teevee
    2ch (family room): CRS+ (1987), Outlaw 1050 AVR, Denon DCM-420 CD
    Kitchen satellite 2ch: Polk M3II, Topping TP-20 Tripath amp fed from 975 rec line out
    Home office: Model 5 (1978-Danish Peerless), Lepai 2020A+ Tripath amp fed by laptop dock
    Awaiting assignment: PSW202 (NIB) to be wired inline in home office rig; Monitor 5JR (1988), Model 4 (1983-US Peerless)
  • Micah Cohen
    edited January 2002
    Options
    LOL!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2002
    Options
    "Read my lips" and "Over my dead body" are pretty damn similar.

If it becomes a pretzel, you choke it too much.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I think we all need to buy stock in pretzles...and send ol' bushy boy a lifetime supply...
  • Chessie
    Chessie Posts: 2
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Take a look back to 1987. Lt Col Oliver North is being questioned by a U.S. Senator...
    The Senator asks Ollie if it is true that he bought a home security system that cost 60K. Ollie says yes. The senator asks why? Ollie says that he is afraid for the safety of his family.
    The senator says what could make you that afraid? Ollie replies" a terrorist by the name of Osama Bin Laden"...Of course the senator can't pronounce his name and gets a chuckle out of the peanut gallery. The senator then asks Ollie what does he think should be done to the terrorist. Ollie puts it blatenly....form an assination squad and rid the earth of one of the most vile men ever! The senator says that it really isn't an option.

The senator's name you ask....AL GORE. Now what if he were president right now? We were forwarned about that evil man in 1987 and no one listened. The democrats are responsible for this most recent act of terrorism, as well as the current recession and also for tarnishing the office of the President of the United States of America. This is all true, verifiable and a DAMN SHAME! Wake up before they sneak over the boarder and kill you in your sleep! Be on guard, protect your country. Wow politics are fun aren't they!:rolleyes:
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2002
    Options
    its funny how things come back to bite the u.s. in the ****!
    when they struck one of our over seas embassy's and one of our ships without anything being done,it was just a matter of time before it happened here. you can thank billy bob clinton for that!

scott:cool:
  • Chessie
    Chessie Posts: 2
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I just got back from NYC yesterday. Had to walk 6 blocks to Pier 16 and then 6 blocks back to get a ticket to go onto the cat walk that allows you to view "Ground Zero". What a mess, it never should have happened and you are exactly right, you can blame Billy Bob Clinton for our current problems.

The security around the site was tougher than it was at the airport going to and from NYC. A pretty somber thought.

I know revenge doesn't solve anything, but I am sure that the Taliban and Jihad Johnny might think twice before messing with the people of the United States of America. We will get ours.

:)
  • mikemokr
    mikemokr Posts: 150
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I'm going to steer well clear of the politics here but want to note that the Ollie North/bin Laden thing is urban legend. See http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/north.htm , which includes a letter from North himself debunking the rumor.
    Main HT (family room): Polk Monitor 7 (1987-original owner) (L/R) / CSi40 (C) / RTi38 (SL/SR) / SVS 20-39PC (sub), Outlaw 975 pre/pro / Outlaw 7075 amp, Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray, LG 42LM5800 teevee
    2ch (family room): CRS+ (1987), Outlaw 1050 AVR, Denon DCM-420 CD
    Kitchen satellite 2ch: Polk M3II, Topping TP-20 Tripath amp fed from 975 rec line out
    Home office: Model 5 (1978-Danish Peerless), Lepai 2020A+ Tripath amp fed by laptop dock
    Awaiting assignment: PSW202 (NIB) to be wired inline in home office rig; Monitor 5JR (1988), Model 4 (1983-US Peerless)