LET'S GO ASTROS!!

Options

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Being a Reds fan, I usually pull for the NL in the Series, but I think it would be cool if Houston won.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    I was at a fight recently where, suddenly, a hockey game broke out.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I was at a fight recently where, suddenly, a hockey game broke out.

Rimshot!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Are we required to tip the waiters ?
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Try the veal...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    OH YEAH!!!
    Ron, every time I see this thread subject, I can't help but shout it out in the cheer fashion. and do the accompanying clap-stomp.
    "LET'S-GOH! A-STROHS!"
    "CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP!"

Up yours for that. I hope you get the clapclap.
    It's about as bad as this jingle for a local chimney sweep.
    Inescapable. It will haunt you in your sleep.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDCFlorPI_o
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ThankGawd we don't need chimney sweeps here...that jingle sux
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Did I ever mention I been a die hard Dodger fan since a little kid ;)

But I'm a Viking fan so I am use to losing the big one!

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    voltz wrote: »

Derailing my thread Daryl...this thread is about the Astro's not Dodgers :p
    This will be discussed further in May ;)

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options

Thank you, I'm flattered. :p

Actually I have been a Dodger fan since the mid-70's. I even went to 3 games when I was working on films in L.A. (No, not the naughty kind!)

And my Viking nickname came from the very day (December 1991) I first auditioned the 2.3TL's I eventually bought. I was coming home from the Polk dealer and we had just had a bad snowstorm. I was climbing over a huge snow pile in a black leather jacket and the wind was blowing my long blonde hair. My mother drove past and saw me and said that I looked like a viking. :o

Oddly enough, I married a doctor from Wisconsin who gave me a costume viking helmet with horns and long blonde hair the day we first met in person. She was a Packer fan, and we went to a Vikings game at Lambeau. I wore the viking helmet and everything else was Packer green and gold. Talk about turning heads. :p

Holy CARP! Did I just say all of that out loud?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

Thank you, I'm flattered. :p

Actually I have been a Dodger fan since the mid-70's. I even went to 3 games when I was working on films in L.A. (No, not the naughty kind!)

And my Viking nickname came from the very day (December 1991) I first auditioned the 2.3TL's I eventually bought. I was coming home from the Polk dealer and we had just had a bad snowstorm. I was climbing over a huge snow pile in a black leather jacket and the wind was blowing my long blonde hair. My mother drove past and saw me and said that I looked like a viking. :o

Oddly enough, I married a doctor from Wisconsin who gave me a costume viking helmet with horns and long blonde hair the day we first met in person. She was a Packer fan, and we went to a Vikings game at Lambeau. I wore the viking helmet and everything else was Packer green and gold. Talk about turning heads. :p

Holy CARP! Did I just say all of that out loud?

Reported
  • Viking64
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Reported

What do you have against leather jackets? :p
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    hrm Astro makes some seriously good pneumatic tools, also Astro was the name of a mid sized Chevy van. There are "some" good Astros out there... :D

That van was a POS, plagued with front end problems

The only good Astro is a Houston Astro...and the Jetson's dog, was a fan of the Jetson's

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Booooo

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Both teams have had a great year. And I think these series is going to the wire.
    Everyone in America has to know how awesome it is to see Houston in there after what had happened this year.

Even me as a Dodger fan I have nothing but heart warming feelings about seeing the Houston going to the world series and what it means as a City trying to heal!

It Screams of what the Japanese Women did after the tsunami did to Japan when their women defeat the USA women in Soccer

Then the Saints winning the Super bowl after Katrina.

I love my Dodgers but I love my friends in Houston and know what the rally cry means to them!

Neither side is going to lay down and it will be a crazy fight till the end! and that is what makes this such a special World series to me. I feel like I stand on the edge of a Ice field. I win either way! I lose either way!

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2017
    Options
    In a blink of an eye the Astros could smash it. They need to settle down relax and make good wood contact.

And just like that tied :p
  • txcoastal1
    Options

• txcoastal1
    Options
    ntzpmre407xs.gif

• txcoastal1
    Options
    What....crickets....crickets :p

• txcoastal1
    Options
    BOOOOOOO

• pitdogg2
    Options
  • txcoastal1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The only good thing is Astros don't really have a "bottom of lineup"

Just need to get out of another inning

• txcoastal1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    BOOOOOOO

FYI It doesn't have the same roll

Get your own

• Viking64
    Options
    1) What happened to the Astrodome?

2) Why the fark are 2 National League teams playing against each other in The World Series? :p
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    oveuzy46cavz.gif

• pitdogg2
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Lewt's go Dodgers! (ducks for cover! lol)

Take some that Ken CA Ching
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    T-Mobile gonna be paying up@ $20k per HR

• pitdogg2
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    T-Mobile gonna be paying up@ $20k per HR

What you talkin bout
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    T-Mobile pays $20k per home run to Hurricane relief

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Hadn't heard that. That's great.