Now Where the HELL DO THE SPEAKERS GO????

Keske944
Keske944 Posts: 134
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I know that I have been quite for awhile but most of that has to do with the fact that i have been in Baghdad, Iraq for the last three weeks. That siad I have a major problem with my newest vehicle (which i will pick up shen i get back to the world late June) WHERE THE HELL DO THE SPEAKERS GO on a 2004 Yamaha YZF R-1 (silver)????? I guess that I'll have to settle for something like a portable cd player and a good pair of headphones... or just a really wicked sounding exhaust system... So unless you guys have some sorta smartass way to put speakers on a bike i donno what im gonna do.... At times like this is just have to ask myself

WWVD???

What Would Vinny DO???
Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
Post edited by Keske944 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    the portable CD player and good headphones is the only thing you can do
    and custom work would throw off the balance
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    well... you could mount like a center channel in the... uh, center. as long as everything's light, low, and in the middle, you should be good. but you can't really put an amp on the outside, so it'd need an enclosure, and then heat would be a problem. you could do it, but it'd be hella expensive.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    but if you dont have a radio in it youd have to install that too...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    yeah. it'd require money, time, and ingenuity, and in copious amounts, but it could be done. actually, i've seen a harley somewhere that had a full system, sub and all, but he had the speakers mounted in custom enclosures that extended off the foot plates and stuff. there's a lot of room on those bikes for that kinda thing.

you'd lose a lot of the no-frills aspect of a true sportbike if you put speakers on it, tho. not to mention a noticeable performance drop, from electrical and aero. even mobile equipment itsn't meant to take the kind of force a bike like that can dish out.

in all, unless you're really really committed, i'd stick with nothing - cause to really use that bike, you should wear a helmet (duh) and body armor (cool looking, esp. when it matches the bike, life-saving if you fall, and aerodynamic to boot). and putting a cd player in body armor and headphones, even earbuds, in a helmet for a few hours hurts. in my experience.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2004
    Yeah well it was kinda joke post... But im sure you all figured that out. I am just looking forward to carving up some corners when i get back to the world.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    man, you got me all psyched for a new problem... have fun with the bike tho

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    i want a bike
    id kill myself, but hey, id have fun doing it...
    -Cody