Companies Merging

Hello,

Anyone know anything about any of these companies http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171011006322/en/

I work for one of them and we are hopping the other two will make things better.

Cheers
When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Weird...small world. We have several DXC subs on my contract with HHS/CMS.

Seems to be the MO for these companies...For example, When I started on this contract, it was held by Iowa Foundation for Medical Care...which merged with Buccaneer Computer Services...which was then purchased by Vangent who was bought by General Dynamics IT.

When the contract reached its 10 year rebid, GDIT couldn't rebid because they were not an 8A Small Business like IFMC and Buccaneer were.
    So they partnered with a smaller company to rebid...they lost but they then bought out the small company.

I ended up going with the contract to the new holder, Ventech...who was partnered with HP. The HP subs got "sold" to DXC...and the whole ebb and flow continues today.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yeah, HP to HPE to DXC, each time it get's worse. hope it gets better this time around.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    Sounds like that Abbott and Costello routine
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    mrloren wrote: »
    Yeah, HP to HPE to DXC, each time it get's worse. hope it gets better this time around.

Interesting, I know some folks that went through a similar situation from being HP employees to HPE through the spinoff and then DXC all within a couple of years. Typical consolidation in the government contracting space, which is surprising given that many contracts are going more and more towards small business. Atleast from what I can see from my limited viewpoint.