Vegas

Prayers to the victims and families of this horrific event.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    My heart felt sympathy goes to all members and families involved...

This kind of violence always makes me ask "why" first and foremost.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Prayers to all and I think we have a member here (la2vegas). Hope you and your family and friends are ok.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    This just sucks, I pray for those we all lost and the loved one that will endure the pain.

Peace be with you.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Deepest sympathies to those affected and heartfelt thanks to those that rushed in under heavy fire to save lives. I understand there were more than a few combat vets that rushed in and took charge, saving lives by tending to the wounded as well as directing others to safety.

God Bless all that are affected by this senseless act.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    All I can do is echo what you all have expressed so far. I will say though it does seem odd to me the story that's being painted so far.

Either way I hope this trend declines and everyone can get to a point where they don't need to worry about going out and having a good time in public.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    It's hard for me to comment on this as its difficult to understand. Obviously, prayers and best wishes to all involved, from the victims and their loved ones to the personnel that responded.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Woke up this morning to a cellphone loaded with news alerts about this. I immediately thought of the girl I know that lives in Vegas who just last night was posting photos of her and her friends at that festival. I jumped out to her Facebook page and read the posts...this one in particular...

"Made it to boyfriends house finally. I'm completely numb and horrified. Some girl who was standing right next to me during the concert was shot and fell to the ground. All I can think about is if that bullet were a couple feet to my side. My 10 yo daughter would be without a mother."

I only wish they could have gotten the shooter alive to get answers as to why. So senseless!
    No excuses!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Hit pretty close to me. A doctor I know and who has treated me was there with her husband, he died saving her.

Just a terrible thing.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-praises-man-who-saved-his-young-wife-during-the-las-vegas-shooting-ultimate-expression-of-love/article/2636287

g1p41ku70rtx.jpg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    A little more about them. The town here is in shock, a really good guy and girl.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/2017/10/02/friends-remember-local-nurse-killed-las-vegas-mass-shooting/
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    No words for such a senseless act. Thanks to those who have shared about your personal connections to the event. Those stories definitely make it more real and make me stop, think, reflect, and pray. Such a sad situation.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    I'm a bit numb over this one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I'm a bit p****d about it.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Such a senseless tragedy. I pray for the families that have experienced loss, and I pray investigators will be able to find something to evidence his mindset and/or motivation, other than just being plain evil.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Vegas tragedy was as senseless as our congressional’s are, this isn’t the time...
    It’s their time and they can’t be bothered as long as their in the hands of the n.r.a.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    warren wrote: »
    Vegas tragedy was as senseless as our congressional’s are, this isn’t the time...
    It’s their time and they can’t be bothered as long as their in the hands of the n.r.a.

Dont want this to turn political, like everywhere else out there. Just a thread to pay our respects and share.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    warren wrote: »

Cables matter ....HA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    You can't legislate against crazy!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    You can't legislate against crazy!

I want to say so many things in response, but that would only accelerate the rate of this thread's inevitable closure, so I will refrain.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ^^Same here.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Keep in mind this guy was a pilot and owned 2 planes, and as crazy is this guy was don't doubt he contemplated using one of them instead.

Europe has very strict laws. Chicago has strict laws.

Black market also goes deep, just ask Australia.

That's all I have to say.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    FestYboy wrote: »
    My heart felt sympathy goes to all members and families involved...

This kind of violence always makes me ask "why" first and foremost.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
  • afterburnt
    edited October 2017
    Marfly wrote: »
    Things like this shouldn't happen in America. Sad. :(

I am greatful that they don't hahappen here on a daily basis like too many other places but I dont see how or why we would be immune to such attrocities.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2017
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    Take your own advice John
  • afterburnt
    Furthermore what makes you think that I give a damn about what you think?
  • nooshinjohn
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Furthermore what makes you think that I give a damn about what you think?

Obviously you do... I deleted my post and you still feel the need to react.

• afterburnt
    You wanna tell the class why you think I am a fool, is it because I quoted scripture or becacause I am greatful that I don't live in a worse place or is it both?