Sda srs 2.3 speaker/amp question.

I'm currently running 2.3 non-tl speakers. I'm getting a Bryston 8b amplifier. It's rated 120x4,or 400x2 bridged 8 ohm. Will this work,since running bridged,or mono seems to be an issue with many amps.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,753
    It won't work with the speakers in bridged mode.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    F1nut wrote: »
    It won't work with the speakers in bridged mode.
    What's the reason ? Can I run dual mono amps ? Just trying to see what my options are.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,753
    Once bridged it is no longer a common ground amp.

Most dual mono amps are not common ground. Sharing the ground basically defeats the purpose of being dual mono.

If you can buy an AI-1 SDA cable or make a Dreadnought you can then use any damn amp or amps you please. SDA's actually sound better using one those with a common ground amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk