Dispersion characteristics of 700-LS or 900-LS ceiling speakers for Atmos?

Options
I have a new family room under construction. My existing 7.1 set-up consists of LSi15, 9, FX, and Center speakers (ring tweeters). I was interested in setting up a 7.2.4 environment and considering the 700-LS (or 900-LS) speakers for the the ceiling. But, I wanted a better idea of dispersion characteristics of them.

The arrangement is somewhat challenging in that the room is 16x20, set up width-wise, and the ceiling vaults from 8' where the TV will be mounted, to 12' in the rear. It is compounded by the fact that that back wall doe not really exist from floor to 8' where it abuts another room.

The front ceiling pair I can mount extrapolating the 45 degree line to the ceiling. The back pair is somewhat more challenging due to the fact I cannot direct the speakers near the listening area. Here is where the dispersion characteristics come into play. I either shift the rear ceiling speakers forward a bit or perhaps mount them high on the back wall, reflecting off the ceiling (much like atmos-enabled speakers sitting on top of listener-level speakers) towards the listening area). The rear speakers will be Definitive Technology UIW RCS III mounted on the back edge of the abutting room facing towards the listeners.

Thanks!

Comments

• mdschlayer
    mdschlayer Posts: 209
    Options
    I am also working on converting from 7.1 to 7.1.4, with the same LSi speakers. Looking at either 700-LS or 900-LS but would like to know the dispersion and crossover null area for those in order to determine the exact ceiling mount locations. I can't find those measurements posted.
    LSi15's, LSiC, LSiF/x's, LSi7's, vr3 crossover upgrades, SVS PC-12 Plus, SVS SB-16 Ultra, Marantz AV8805, Parasound amps, LG OLED65C9PUA, Clarus Crimson, Signal Cable, Atlas Cable, Shunyata and Synergistic A/C conditioning, dedicated Cardas 30A and Furutech 20A AC lines, Box Furniture, Solid Tech ROS, Symposium roller blocks