Amp??? Adcom vs Parasound 2250v2

I will be redoing my system and condensing what I'm using. I'm tempted to part with either one or both of my Adcom amps. One is a GFA 5802 and the other is GFA 5500. If I do sell the 5802 odds are I will sell my 2.3's too since my room is too small and they crave more power. My main system would be some SDA CRS+ 4.1'd speakers, a Parasound 2100 preamp, an Oppo 93 and the big Dreadnought. I was thinking about buying a Parasound 2250v2 amp as the power source or keeping my 5802 to get the job done. I also have some monitor 7 series 2 with RD0198'S that I like to listen to for certain songs. With the 2250v2 I could have A and B speaker output choices which would work great. The other reasons the 2250v2 interests me is the $999 price tag for a new one and that it's a mate for my preamp. I'm not real fond of my GFA 5500 but I like my 5802 it sounds great but it's aging. I want to get the system setup so sounds sweet and it lasts for years. I'm not a fan of the rabbit hole anymore.

Some brightness in a new amp isn't an issue, it's would probably be a plus since my hearing isn't up to par. I like my amps to have more then enough power. $$$ is always an issue too.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Comments

• TNTsTunesTNTsTunes Posts: 756
    Handled. I'm going with a Halo A23 for that listening room. My thanks go out to DSkip for his help. It's a better choice since my listening levels depend on that first watt many times.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."