Kill Bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited April 2004
    Options
    go to this link to see some of the color screen grabs (b & w in th eUS release) only in the japanese version...you will have to scroll down a little

http://tarantino.webds.de/cgi-bin/tarantino/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=kb;action=display;num=1082242317;start=0#0
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by begbie
    The last half hour of City on Fire was lifted for Resevoir Dogs. Hardly a tribute ....

...but the Tarantino of late is much better and he's addressing more films from which he's been influenced.

Whatever you say...

I call it like I see it.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks for that link Billm57. After seeing those screen shots I'll pass on even renting this.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    Thanks for that link Billm57. After seeing those screen shots I'll pass on even renting this.

Ron..those scenes will be in b & w if you rent..thats on the Japanese version only..the b & w scenes you cant even tell whats going on
    (but it does give you a good hint at the bloody mayhem being played out ):)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I just watched this movie last night......GREAT movie. The only two things that I didn't really like is the drawn out restraunt scene, and that the way the blood shot out.....

Past that, the action scenes were INTENSE!!! I look forward to watching KB2.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I actually thought the anime sequence was really well done and I don't ever watch it at all.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I won't miss the 4 bucks when I buy it. I just watched a borrowed copy. What a great frickin' movie! I've heard many reviewers talk about "a tribute to this director or that genre", but there was so much Kurosawa behind it, I was suprised. It goes directly from a B&W fight scene with Asian music in the background, to a color scene with Spanish music in the background. Greatness!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I rented this one. Loved it and now will have to buy a copy
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P

Ron - look past the intentionally gratuitous violence and blood gore and look into the twisted but brilliant mind that is Tarantino. Worth a viewing - definitely.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • hejiraent
    hejiraent Posts: 126
    edited May 2004
    Options
    v3,
    The human heart is capable of spraying blood 30 feet from an "open" artery. (don't ask me why I remembered that fun fact from biology class) This fact has been reenacted on film for many, many decades...just not in main stream American movies. I know this sort of "entertainment" is not everyones cup of tea, but, thats why they have doors at the front and back of the theater.
    ADCOM GTP-830 (pre-amp)

FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Watched it yesterday.....finally.

It was well worth the wait for me. QT is fantastic, and the DTS soundtrack made me jump quite a few times during certain scenes.

The thing I love most about Q is that he has a very broad range of musical style. He puts songs into movies that I hate, but yet I find my foot tapping to the beat while Uma get her sword on. Or older songs I have never heard before, and I am out there buying the soundtrack. I NEVER buy soundtracks, but I have Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Browns. Speaks volumes about the man and his work IMO.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • mlware
    mlware Posts: 29
    edited May 2004
    Options
    This movie is so damned boring and infantile, not to mention racist. Hard to believe this crap has bowled over everyone so much it has more masterpiece reviews than Citizen Kane, 2001, dr Strangelove, The Wild Bunch, Schindler's List, Battle Royale, The Godfather, Chinatown and Seven Samurai combined. When it's so rabidly promoted by the mainstream, how could it possibly be good? I remember when Apocalypse Now and The Wild Bunch were hated. The type of films that get across the board acclaim historically are tripe like Forrest Gump, Ordinary People, Willy Wonka, Oliver, Dances with Wolves, and Titanic. So now the Rotarian club is all over Kill Bill! Plagiarised snashots of other movies is now considered superior to the real thing! Think of that-- before they'd be reminiscing over Back to the Future movies hip to be square, and now they're tarantino fans so they've somehow downloaded hip. Banality and pointless redneck posing is now what passes for greatness.