DAC/Network/Players

Options
gce
gce Posts: 2,158
I've been looking at DAC/Network players for some time now. I was looking in the 3 to 4k range. First I wanted to upgrade my NAS to a dual core and upgrade the ram to 8gb for stability. Also had to add a shelf, which met I had to find the wood, finish it and add more all thread.

Anyways, I was agonizing over the cost of the units I was looking at and since this was going to be my first DAC/Network player I didn't know what to expect or what the best way to control it would be. So up pops an email form Music Direct for the Marantz NA8005 for only $499. I thought. why not. This gets me in at a cheap price and I can go from there.

Well I'm glade I did this. This unit sounds great in my system. Just what the doctor ordered. Now I can work on my cables and enjoy the new digital world I've created. I think there are still some of these out there, so if you're thinking about jumping into the digital world this would be a great place to start.
Anaheim Hills CA,
HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703