2 Parasound Halo A51's and 1 Parasound Halo A21

Options
Kurt300
Kurt300 Posts: 302
edited July 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Amps are silver, in excellent condition - will add pics. They are currently hooked to my home theater surround sound system, and so may be auditioned if you are near me (Oklahoma City). Prefer local, but will consider shipping after 30 days.

$2250 for each A51, and $1450 for the A21.

Kurt

Comments

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Great price! I would be all over one of the A51s but my OCD requires that I get black.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Kurt300
    Options
    Yes, I'm plugging dual Parasound 5250 v2's into the home theater, and looking to start funding a high-end two channel system. The amps have been very sweet, but as long as I have a top-line two channel amp for music, I don't think I'll need all 12 channels to be as musical for my home theater.
  • Kurt300
    Options
    sgmsmg wrote: »
    Great price! I would be all over one of the A51s but my OCD requires that I get black.

I know a secret place you could buy black paint. :)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    12 channels and nothing to watch?
  • dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    Options
    The A51 is the one piece of equipment that will always stay with me.It has driven many speakers including Martin Logans that would drop to 2-3 ohms and the amp never broke a sweat. John Curl knows how to make amps. This amp will deliver 60 amps a channel.Who cares about the color. Your speakers won't and they will thank you. I have the silver and yeah wanted the black but now it really does not matter.
    This amp very rarely comes up for sale. Grab it while you can!
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Proud owner of a silver A31 get complements all the time, if I had some spare funds I would get the matching A21. Good luck with the sale.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Kurt300
    Options
    Pictures (although I haven't yet disconnected so I'm not getting every angle). If you do a local deal you are welcome to inspect, obviously, and take your pick of the A51s.

A21: 6q8q69.jpg
    1st A51: 2wr16qp.jpg
    1st A51: s6ksn6.jpg
    2nd A51: 23jl4jt.jpg
    2nd A51: 23locp2.jpg
  • Kurt300
    Options
    I need to educate myself more, but along the lines of Krell or McIntosh paired with B&W 802Ds.
  • sgmsmg
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    sgmsmg wrote: »

I know a secret place you could buy black paint. :)

I am too new here to know the story behind the mythical black paint. :)
    2 Channel
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI

Home Theater
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
  • sgmsmg
    Options
    dekuda wrote: »
    The A51 is the one piece of equipment that will always stay with me.It has driven many speakers including Martin Logans that would drop to 2-3 ohms and the amp never broke a sweat. John Curl knows how to make amps. This amp will deliver 60 amps a channel.Who cares about the color. Your speakers won't and they will thank you. I have the silver and yeah wanted the black but now it really does not matter.
    This amp very rarely comes up for sale. Grab it while you can!

I know how rare these are especially at this price. Right now they are only for local sale so I have some time to overcome my OCD. :)
    2 Channel

Home Theater
  • yyzian
    yyzian Posts: 6
    Options
    I am interested in the A51 but need it shipped to NJ. Let me know when you decide on that.

Also how old are these and would they require any service?

I have 100% feedback on audiogon and ebay
  • afterburnt
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

That was a joke because that is how I felt about my HT and what I ended up wanting was a boss 2 channel. GLWTS
  • Kurt300
    Options

That was a joke because that is how I felt about my HT and what I ended up wanting was a boss 2 channel. GLWTS

Looks like I'm just catching up to where you were. :)
  • Kurt300
    Options
    yyzian wrote: »
    I am interested in the A51 but need it shipped to NJ. Let me know when you decide on that.

I don't plan to sell these to someone that just joined in order to get a good deal - the intent is to give good deals to participating members of the forum. And before someone points out my own low post count, I had my all my posts deleted (via an apparent "glitch") about a year ago.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    ^^^with two posts^^^
  • Kurt300
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    ^^^with two posts^^^

“Terse, I can be terse. Once, in flight school, I was laconic.” - Wash
  • afterburnt
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    ^^^with two posts^^^

“Terse, I can be terse. Once, in flight school, I was laconic.” - Wash

And I used to think French was stupid...
  • dekuda
    Options
    Yes, I'm plugging dual Parasound 5250 v2's into the home theater, and looking to start funding a high-end two channel system. The amps have been very sweet, but as long as I have a top-line two channel amp for music, I don't think I'll need all 12 channels to be as musical for my home theater.

I am confused. So your keeping dual 5250's and selling both of your Halo A51's ?
    I had the 5250 and in fact sold it here on CP and now have the A51.. Why not just keep one A51 for your two channel and sell the rest. I had both and the A51 is head and shoulders above the 5250 in my opinion.
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • Kurt300
    Options
    I'm not planning to use the 5250's for music at all. I'd like to explore something beyond the Parasound Halo/LSiMs (for music, only) while accepting a slight reduction in the multichannel HT sound.
  • dekuda
    Options
    Well, I know that itch is always there and exploring is always fun and great in this hobby but if I were you I would keep one A51 for music until you know you found something better. To find a amp better than the A51 you will be spending more.
    GLWS.
    HT System
  • afterburnt
    Options
    FWIW, I am not in love with my A31 with 707's for music. Now my dungeon system is something to behold. I will be upgrading the speakers to the MD2's but it aint killing me waiting for em.
  • Kurt300
    Options
    dekuda wrote: »
    Well, I know that itch is always there and exploring is always fun and great in this hobby but if I were you I would keep one A51 for music until you know you found something better. To find a amp better than the A51 you will be spending more.
    GLWS.

Please see my signature. I am. And, I'm planning on it. :)
  • thyname
    thyname Posts: 1
    Options
    Amps are silver, in excellent condition - will add pics. They are currently hooked to my home theater surround sound system, and so may be auditioned if you are near me (Oklahoma City). Prefer local, but will consider shipping after 30 days.

$2250 for each A51, and $1450 for the A21.

Kurt

Kurt,

I am interested on the A21. I am in Virginia, zip code 22124. If you decide to ship it, let me know please.

And yes, I am new here, but not new everywhere else. You can look up (same user name) on Head-Fi, AVS Forums, eBay, Audiogon.

Thanks!
  • yyzian
    Options
    yyzian wrote: »

I don't plan to sell these to someone that just joined in order to get a good deal - the intent is to give good deals to participating members of the forum. And before someone points out my own low post count, I had my all my posts deleted (via an apparent "glitch") about a year ago.

I am ok with your decision though it wasn't apparent when I saw the ad.

@daboyz : not intending to start an argument...why should it matter how many posts one has had, if the intent is to complete a fair transaction?

If it's of any interest to the reader, I have been reading on this forum for a long time as I own Polks and I do like them in my HT!

Thanks to all for your replies.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited July 2017
    Options
    OP said "participating members". I don't believe two posts in nine years is a "participating member". You quoted it yourself. If OP decides to sell to you then God bless. If you're here as often as you say then post something. The FM is our safe place to sell gear to members that we know, not to folk who drop by and hope to snag a deal that is meant for "participating members".
  • Kurt300
    Options
    Yyzian, since I'm only selling locally for the next month, why don't you start to let us know who you are? I've learned a lot from the people on this board, and received excellent deals through information obtained from it, so my aim is to return the favor in selling my equipment at attractive prices to those that have helped me out.

FYI everyone, Kharp's price on his A21 is lower than mine (such a deal!) in the flea market now, and I encourage others to jump on it. I'm in no hurry to sell my Halos and would not be disappointed to take several months to sell them.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Those are kind words, thank you. I want to take this chance to state that my intentions are/were not to undercut a fellow polkie to make a quick deal. My policy is to generally keep a piece about a year or so and sell it back on the forum for just slightly less than what I purchased it for. As mentioned, there are lots of great people on here with a lot of good info they're more than happy to dispense. If you are a contributing member you have many opportunities to pick up some really nice gear at prices you won't find anywhere else to go along with thegreat info. Heck, you may even go to one of the meets and get to see Russ in action!
  • yyzian
    Options
    To the OP, good luck on your sale as I will hold off on transacting on this forum. Don't want to take away anyone else's chances who have been active. At least I know what makes a non contributing member, and it's unclear on how many posts indicate a participating member.

Wishing everyone the best....
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    At one time, in the not so distant past, the forum rules were 100 posts. Aa mentioned earlier in the thread posts add up pretty quick. There are many one hit wonders that sign up, try to buy on their first post never to be heard from again. Hang around, introute yourself, tell us about your system and likes and dislikes.

Welcome.
  • atx2014
    atx2014 Posts: 2
    Options
    interested in a21. i'm from austin. not far :) drove to Oklahoma two years ago and loved it :)
    Living room 2.1: Magnepan 1.7i (temporarily powered by Denon 5803. looking for amp swap) | SVS SB12-NSD | Maverick Audio D2 DAC

Bedroom 2.1: Paradigm Signature S2 V2 (temporary amp, looking for new one) | SVS SB12-NSD | Emotiva XDA-2 gen2 DAC