need newer LP rack

Options
I've been getting more LPs than the 3 racks can handle. These 2 of which are the same and the other all bought @ Good will and of course gave them a dose of my universal black spray paint. I found a single magazine stand to relieve some of the pressure but to find a matching pair well might be fruitless.
My ultimate idea is to find a greeting card rack. Of course cut it down to 46" wide and I think this could handle well over a hundred LPs of which I have now. The idea maybe scour the backs of malls at strip malls for something like this. Guys I have very limited room and I thought about using milk crates and sawing off the fronts but this to would fill up quickly.
Any reasonable idea here would be appreciated, I'll talk to store managers anyone willing to listen. I've very lucky so far w/ very clean LPs that deserve good spot front and center.Besides the width issue I also have height limitations and would be to tall if near the t.v. If you've sen these shots before sorry but for those maybe an idea will happenom9xccuoqfcc.jpg
2gnr5g14wqrd.jpg
57cb8aiopgav.jpg
zk4j7qxccelx.jpg
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    The Container Store sold these record storage crates for like $15 each. You could stack them on side (opening facing out) but they get kind of shaky with single stacks over 3 tall.

Are you handy with wood/tools? I built one. Holds ~ 300. Plans in my LP Bin at photobucket. Mine has detachable top so it's easier to lug around empty. Large dowels keep it attached to lower bin.

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/scompracer/library/LP Bin?sort=3&page=1

ducipmaas2l8.jpg

zdmcuk9l7odk.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *