Acoustic treatments on the sly.... need some thoughts

OK, guys want to bounce an idea off you guys for my loft setup....

I've redone it (pictures will be posted at a later date when its closer to completion) and its now better looking. I have the Ushers on the Sanus Ultimate Stands with my rack (new one, not the other I listed) in the middle of them. I have a LOT more open wall and floor space which is a good thing.

The speakers are still along the long wall of the room. I am about 6-8 feet away from them tops in the main LP. I think I measured and the room is like 10 x 14 if that......

TV is on the top of the current rack but eventually will be wallmounted and all cables fed through the wall to it for a clean look.

I have NO DESIRE to go 5.1 in this room. 2.1 is all I plan, although in ceiling speakers for rears would be kinda easy

We are going with gray on the sides of the loft to tie into the rest of the house and a darker color for the wall with the speakers IIRC...

I started thinking about room treatments (is it weird I've been up here in a darkened room just staring at it trying to place where things need to be?) and realized I dont have many rear deflections since the wall doesn't go all the way up, and its angled down. The halfwall does get to about/barely above ear height, but there is so much stuff on the backwall in the way, sound gets broken up pretty good I think.....

My sidewalls are not really causing any issues IMHO due to the compressed nature of the room and one of them is for the furnace/water heaters so I cant really put anything on it long term (have plans for a detachable panel in the future though)....... The other sidewall has a window where I think the reflection point is, so nothing I can do there.....

So then I start thinking about other types of treatments...

Bass traps, yeah aint happening, I only have a single corner and just wont fly.....

So that really leaves me with dealing with the front wall. My wife is a fan of the shabby sheik/farmhouse, etc type look, and I want to sneak in some treatments of course. So I was thinking about the intersection of those two things and I thought why not build a pallet crate diffusion the entire length of the front wall from the floor up to about 24 to 36 inches give or take....

Wife gets a cool aesthetic piece to the house and i get better audio.....

Some examples are below, as well as some pics of my room, though not fully accurate since the seating is against the halfwall now. For the treatments I would probably opt to make them a bit lighter in color and maybe even whitewashed a bit as the room with have enough dark colors as it is......

I'm also thinking about a couple block diffusion panels with our initials in a darker stain on them to place on the sidewalls and other places in the room....

I'd love some thoughts on this as I'd really want to know that diffusion is the right path to go before spending the amount of time it will take to do this and ensure its done right lol...
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)