New Polk MM1 Series

Hi guys,

Long time lurker first time poster :).

Anyone get a chance to try the new MM1 Series yet? Supposed to be a pretty big jump from the previous line and it comes with the new Terylene tweeters that are used in the awesome Polk Signature Series home speakers.

747192128043_component_studio_hero.png

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I have not...yet. I do have the current MM line subwoofer. Never got my ears on the components but did get a listen to the DB line which I liked.

Eventually I will listen and probably purchase this new line.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • TopperDude
    TopperDude Posts: 166
    New toys :):

- MM6502 6.5" Component Seps
    - MM652 6.5" Coax
    - MM1042 10" Subwoofer

• shilmoe
    shilmoe Posts: 12
    I had a set of the original Mobile Monitors in the late 80's. I talked to the guys at Polk audio and asked them how the new ones are going to stack up against the original ones. He said that they have been working a long time on them and that they should as good or better than the originals. They still get comments on how nice the originals sounded. I'm hoping so 'cause I sure miss my old MM6502's.
    Scott H.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Hmm, not as extended of a lower end freq response. Lower sensitivity. I might stick with my current MM model sub. The components however I may pick up.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    shilmoe wrote: »
    I had a set of the original Mobile Monitors in the late 80's. I talked to the guys at Polk audio and asked them how the new ones are going to stack up against the original ones. He said that they have been working a long time on them and that they should as good or better than the originals. They still get comments on how nice the originals sounded. I'm hoping so 'cause I sure miss my old MM6502's.

I ran the old MM's too. I still have them in a box and a set of MM3a (5.25" coaxials) in my son's car.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601