FS: Definitive Technology BP2006TL - Restored

For your consideration is a pair of Definitive Technology BP2006TL. This little guy is perfect for small rooms or smaller setups.

Each tower is packed with dual 4.25" midbass drivers, dual 1" aluminum tweeters and an 8" subwoofer that is slow ported in a quasi-transmission line design for excellent low frequency response!

The built in amplifier is rated at 250 watts. For a smaller setup, you would not need an external subwoofer as you will hit around 30hz no problem!

This is a speaker meant for movies, gaming, music, fill up your house with sound versus sitting in the sweet spot drinking a rum and coke. The top end is very similar to the BP7006 and the subwoofer is not too far off. With a little upward tilt and proper placement, these speakers really do sing! I would also rate them to be a better speaker than the BP8020ST by a wide margin. Sound and build quality.

I have not performed any crossover modification to these speakers but I have restored their outward appearance as much as possible. These features new grill cloths, tailor made. The caps have been polished and do not have any obvious blemishes. One cap does have a little ding on a corner on the underside of the cap that is at the rear of the speakers. This same cap does show some light pink staining at the center, only super obvious when right above it or looking or it. Beyond that, from your normal every day life, you would be hard pressed to find any obvious blemishes.

I ordered from Definitive new logos, new outriggers, new spikes and they had floor pads. Have been using them off and on for a few months and it is time to set them up with someone to use them everyday!

Specs per speaker -
Sensitivity - 92 dB
Dimensions & Weight
Width - 6.3 in
Depth - 11.5 in
Height - 38.0 in
Weight - 46.0 lbs
Built-in Subwoofer Amplifier: 250 watts RMS
Tweeters: Two 1" (25 mm) aluminum dome tweeter (one in the front and one in the back)
Midrange: Two 4 1/4" Midbass Drivers (One in the front, one in the back)
Subwoofer: One 8" subwoofer on the side

I will be listing them publicly for $250 a pair + shipping.

Club Polk price is $200 + Shipping. I will be willing to meet up to a certain distance as well.

kptdfhrk8mtr.jpg
e438gbxz0tpk.jpg
vc464byadrf2.jpg
7ayv1inndi3i.jpg
791xqdu73wnx.jpg
hlpca72l6p7b.jpg
b9ef476uahez.jpg
86m9oa9s2g72.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,574
    It doesnt need stated, but Trey is a great guy.

If anyone is on the fence, let me push you off if.

If I wasn't in love with my existing Ushers, and have my own DIY 2 way horn speaker build I'm working on, I'd be tempted to snatch these up just to throw into my setup every now and again.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,592
    Looks like you did a really nice job restoring them. Where is local might help with sale? Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EndersShadow
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Looks like you did a really nice job restoring them. Where is local might help with sale? Good luck. D

Western NC near Charlotte IIRC.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,470
    Thanks guys. I'm right out of Charlotte. I'd be willing to drive 2 hours to meet someone, just cover my gas $35
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Better pictures, will list on EBay tonight

1reayhb9aywh.jpg
    7j2d0ubs5kjj.jpg
    z7sbz07m8vfo.jpg
    dvnaiyt8stl0.jpg
    bqwigg4k0d82.jpg
    8vhvo76y2x51.jpg
    guc72lf2cxdv.jpg
    s2l5f5z8qgz4.jpg

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,786
    edited July 2017
    B) Gimme a call, Trey.
  • VR3
    May still be available, just waiting to see which ones Russ wants
  • VR3
    Still available
  • EndersShadow
    Trey these are gorgeous..... your tempting me with these but I'm gonna try to stick with my Ushers lol.......

But MAN are you tempting me....
  • VR3
    Definitely not sure what you can buy for $200 that is better
  • VR3
    Bump, still available, forgot to list these publicly, one day!
  • VR3
    SOLD pending payment