Polk Magnifi Mini setup trouble

I searched the forums and didn't see anything about this and hope I'm not duplicating posts...

I purchased the Magnifi Mini sound bar and subwoofer.

https://www.polkaudio.com/products/magnifimini

Hooked it up to http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-39-class-38-5-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-roku-tv-black/4863802.p?skuId=4863802

an Insignia smart TV.

I updated the TV before plugging the Polk soundbar or DVD/Bluray player into it. The DVD player worked fine with the TV.

The soundbar won't connect with the TV at all. The TV knows that there's something plugged into 'HDMI 1' but doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the Polk system.

I'm using the HDMI 'ARC' input on the TV and plugging that into the Polk soundbar HDMI input. There aren't a lot of options here for HDMI inputs. The TV has 3 total.

The polk mini bar works with the blutooth setting in my phone. I can play music over the polk system no problem....but it won't play TV or movie sound through the TV at all.

I spent 3 hours on it last night, and thought I'd reach out to those who would know more than I do. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Let me forward this to Polk's CS guys.
    Cheers, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    The answer appears to be with the programming of the Insignia TV to get the signal to reach the soundbar. Try going into the Insignia's electronic settings and look for their "InLink". It is their CEC (consumer electronics control), this controls the ARC connection for the set.
    I hope this is helpful information.

• Nathenzo
    Nathenzo Posts: 2
    Ken, this sounds reasonable. I spent almost 4 hours in the settings-audio menu on the TV and never saw anything labled 'Inlink' anywhere...I'll have to dig in a different location I guess. Thank you for taking the time to help!!
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    From your user guide:
    1. Make sure that your TV’s power cord is unplugged and the digital speaker system or soundbar is turned off.
    2. Connect an HDMI® cable (not provided) to the HDMI 1/ARC jack on the back of your TV and to the HDMI IN jack on
    the digital speaker system or soundbar.
    3. Plug your TV’s power cord into a power outlet, then turn on your TV.
    4. Turn on the digital speaker system or soundbar, then set it to the correct source. For more information, see the documentation that came with the digital speaker system or soundbar.
    5. To turn off your TV speakers, on the Home menu, press or to highlight Settings, then press OK. Highlight
    Audio, then press OK. Highlight TV speakers, then press OK. Press OK to remove the check from the TV speakers
    enabled check box.
    6. To configure the HDMI 1/ARC jack to output sound to an ARC device, on the Home menu, press or to highlight
    Settings, then press OK. Highlight System, then press OK. Highlight Control other devices (CEC), then press OK. Highlight HDMI ARC, then press OK to check the box.