Decent Budget Pre

Looking for one around 150.00 max. Has to have a remote and decent phono stage. Thanks.

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    That's a tall order. Some of the better 1980's vintage can be had for that, but then many lacked a remote.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Yeah, maybe a reach, but could be an older unit out there gatering dust.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    deronb1 wrote: »

Maybe if you expand your search to include older pre/pro's to use as a 2 channel pre. Some of the older higher end ones can be had for a song and sound just as good as some dedicated 2 channel pre's of the era. The other benefits usually are build quality, a decent dac in them, and connections up the ying yang along with most having a remote.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    tonyb wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »

Maybe if you expand your search to include older pre/pro's to use as a 2 channel pre. Some of the older higher end ones can be had for a song and sound just as good as some dedicated 2 channel pre's of the era. The other benefits usually are build quality, a decent dac in them, and connections up the ying yang along with most having a remote.

Good point Tony. Yeah, certainly not against that. Ive seen some Adcoms, gtp 500 etc that might fit the bill.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/6182394823.html

Make the dude an offer, betcha he takes it.

I'd also look at older Nad pre's, though you might be hard pressed to find one with a remote.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    That looks solid. Im sure it has a remote.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    I have an Adcom GTP-500 II with phono stage and remote. I bought it about 3 years ago from the the original owner and it has seen limited duty. I have been pairing my ss amp with tube pre's, so it sits on a shelf. I have not tried the phone stage, as I do not spin vinyl. It is in wonderful condition and the remote works and is original. It would be closer to $250 shipped, not $150. I am near chicago so if you are in the vacinity we could work on the price. If you have some interest I can send you some pics.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    If you're still looking and can do without a remote, I've got an AMC pre for $90+ shipping.
  • deronb1
    Faustin wrote: »
    I have an Adcom GTP-500 II with phono stage and remote. I bought it about 3 years ago from the the original owner and it has seen limited duty. I have been pairing my ss amp with tube pre's, so it sits on a shelf. I have not tried the phone stage, as I do not spin vinyl. It is in wonderful condition and the remote works and is original. It would be closer to $250 shipped, not $150. I am near chicago so if you are in the vacinity we could work on the price. If you have some interest I can send you some pics.

Thank you. I was looking hard at those, but for now, im just going to use my Onk as a pre till i figure a few things out.