Gas Prices! Wtf?

2»

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by PhantomOG
    how many miles are you at? maybe this is something i need to do...

how much was the filter?

Recommended replacement is 30k.

I'm at 70k! :eek:

The filter was like 20 bucks. I did my air filter (went back to stock from a K&N), fuel filter, oil/filter, and will do the pcv valve once I get a deep 19mm socket.

Jstas, 372rwhp, how much does the car weight? What kind of car is it? Wheelspin much? ;) hehehe
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited April 2004
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Steve@3dai
    edited April 2004
    Mean, mean, on the highway, fo' sho'. Those thing have top end like nobody's bizness. :)

I'd get ya 0-60 though ;) hahahahaha

PS: No, I don't street race :cool:
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited April 2004
    It's been over $2 for 93 in CT for months (I don't remember when it was under $2 last). Luckly I work in NJ and just filled up for $1.89. But that is up at least .20 in the last 2 months.

But I really don't care. I enjoy everything I own. My Acura sedan gets about 22 to the gallon, but is joy to drive everyday. I also have a BMW 850 coupe with a v12 that averages about 14, but even at $5 a gallon, if it's a nice day, I'm taking the 850! (the Durrango gets about 15)
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by Steve@3dai
    Mean, mean, on the highway, fo' sho'. Those thing have top end like nobody's bizness. :)

I'd get ya 0-60 though ;) hahahahaha

PS: No, I don't street race :cool:

Well now, don't go writing checks that you aren't sure you can cash. I'm less than 5 seconds 0-60 and it'll run low 13's in the 1/4 mile at over 100 MPH. If I had slicks on it, it'd be solidly in the 12's. That's all I'm saying about that. They are under-rated from the factory pretty badly. To the tune of 50-75 horses. I laid down the BHP numbers at the wheels with 97% RAD that day for the conditions. I'm a little higher than that now with a few free/cheap mods I got turned on to for it. I'm estimating about 450 horses at the crank and 530 pound feet of torque after the things I just did a few weeks ago. It should be right around 390/470 at the wheels.

It may be heavy and have some traction issues but it doesn't get more American than a pickup truck with a big honkin' V8 that can outrun ~85% of the cars on the road and still tow a trailer. Besides, turbos, blow-off valves and high-revving 4 cylinders just can't compare to the rumbling thunder of a blown, large displacement V8 IMO!

• Steve@3dai
    edited April 2004
    Hahaha, valid point, that is quite the american truck :)

I ran a high 13 last time at the track, with a 99 trap. But I really get my kicks at the road track and the autox, that's where the real fun is IMO.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • jamison
    jamison Posts: 35
    edited October 2007
    Supply and demand. Drive smaller cars, and hope the SUV doesn't become the new craze in China.

Jamison
    Jamison White
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    jamison wrote: »
    Supply and demand. Drive smaller cars, and hope the SUV doesn't become the new craze in China.

Jamison

It took you 3 1/2 years to come up with that? :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited October 2007
    It cost 40$ to fill up my Xtrail. @.93.9 Cents a litre.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2007
    What the hell is a litre? A litre of cola?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited October 2007
    1L is 3.785212 gal
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Josh wrote: »
    What the hell is a litre? A litre of cola?

I don't want a large Farva....
    Willow wrote:
    1L is 3.785212 gal

Uhh, that's backwards. 1 gal is 3.785212 L.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    No, 1 Gal is 3.785212 L ;)

Wow, we were pissed when gas passed $2, now we're happy when it's ~$2.60

edit: Dang, bobman was quick...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007
    Geez its over $3.00 bucks a gallon here and I live less than 15 miles from a refinery. You guys down in the lower 48 have it made in the shade :D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    Gas is like $3.09-$3.29 here, and it's not even summer!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Jstas
    edited October 2007
    I just paid $2.71 for 93, most of the 87 around here is between 2.49 and 2.60.

Expensive but still cheaper than most of the U.S.

Oh and since prices peaked at $88 a barrel on Friday, you can expect the recent gas price surge to keep going up. For once it's not our fault either. Turkey OK'ed the invasion of Iraq to quell Kurdish militants that were launching raids and other attacks in to southern Turkey. That causes "unrest" in a region that is very far from the oil producing regions of Iraq and Iran but for some reason, it causes "unrest" and forces prices up.

BTW, I saw this and thought it was recent until I looked at the original post date. I gotta wonder jamison, what the hell were you searching for in an audio forum that this over 3 year old thread got dug up?

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I am one of them forced to buy Premium so I’m paying If I remember the sign right $339 right now. Welcome to the West coast, especially the NW, we pay more then anyone in the country.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    I am one of them forced to buy Premium so I’m paying If I remember the sign right $339 right now. Welcome to the West coast, especially the NW, we pay more then anyone in the country.

We in the Midwest aren't too far behind and they want to add another .05c state tax on gasoline.

Premium here $3.19 on average and that's down about .05-.10c over last week at this time.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    Just filled up in here in Nor-Cal...$3.30/gallon Supreme at Chevron.

350 Max miles to the tank...195-200 rwhp:)

I'm getting 25+ mpg.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • jamison
    jamison Posts: 35
    edited October 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    It took you 3 1/2 years to come up with that? :D

H9

LOL! :o

I thought those prices looked low. Sorry just trying to get enough posts to advertise my CS400 for sale.

Jamison
    Jamison White
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    Ok, I adjust mine a bit, I just filled up about an hour ago.. Chevron Super is $3.31 here.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Sorry just trying to get enough posts to advertise my CS400 for sale.

Raise your hand if you didn't see THAT one coming a mile away.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    LOL! :o

I thought those prices looked low. Sorry just trying to get enough posts to advertise my CS400 for sale.

Jamison

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

//////////\\\\\\\\\\\\
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    I paid $2.65 the other day.

And I don't think I need a CS400; thanks, though.

\\\/////\\//\\///\\\\\\/////\\//\\\//\\////\\\///\
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Keiko wrote: »
    Feels like being held hostage by these oil companies.
    Who are being held hostage by their shareholders, environmentalists, and OPEC. :o
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin