Amp setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
DrummerMP
DrummerMP Posts: 17
edited April 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have 4 mm104 subs and I need to know what momo amps I can use to get a real nice clean thump out of these 4 subs. Also I have three and a half pairs of mm6 components. What momo amps can I use for these? I would like to try only polk/momo amp products please. Any advice and or recommendations will be appreciated. Money is no object. Thanks!!!!
Post edited by DrummerMP on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    youd need 7 c300.2 amps...i dunno what you would do about the half
    i wouldnt go momo...it doesnt suit your needs
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2004
    Options
    7 amps?

and 200 bowls of polk to get the same fiber as a US amps ;)

thnk ya..thankya....im' mhere till tues.
    :eek:
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    thankfully thats tomorrow... :p
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • DrummerMP
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the response. The half is the center channel. Can I go with two 500.1, one 400.4 and one 300.2 for this setup? Are seven amps really the best way to go with polk/momo?
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    to power everything correctly to their potential, yes, 7 amps
    which IMO is ridiculous...
    i wouldnt go momo...
    you can get away with 2 amps if you wanted too
    -Cody
  • DrummerMP
    edited April 2004
    Options
    In the polk vehicle installations, how is it that some of the cars have so many speakers(more than what I have) and use less than seven momo amps? Why can't I do the same? Can someone please explain that for me? I am not looking to create a seismic shock; just trying to achieve a nice clean sound. Can two c500.1 and two c400.4 amps get the job done?
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2004
    Options
    personally, i think you're silly to go with "all polk amps" for this.

the two 400.4's for the fronts are perfect -- two mm6 comp sets on one 400.4, the third set on the front stage of the second 400.4, and the center channel on the bridged output of the second stage of the second 400.4 ... perfect.

for the subs however... you really should go with 4 polk C300.2's ... one per sub... so that would be 6 amps...

personally, I'd say go with a single amp... like a USamps 2000X --- that will power all four of those subs perfectly...

you could do the usamps for teh subs and the two polk 400.4's for the fronts.

two polk 500.1's really wont do jack **** for those subs... i mean the polk demo cars use two full size momo subs off single 500 watt mono amps sometimes, but god allmighty do i hate that kind of a setup.... vastly underpowering the woofers... not my idea of a righteous way of doing things.

i dont know what's going on with polk's lineup for next year, but chances are they'll probably come out with a 1000 watt mono amp.... i mean... it makes sense... if people like what the amps are now, why not make a big honkin 1000 w mono amp... if they do, then two of those would be great... you'd be down to only 4 amps then.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • DrummerMP
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks PBD for your suggestion. What about using four c500.1 amps, one per subs, can that work also? I agree with you on the matter that polk should produce a 1000 watt amp.
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    no - at four ohms, the amps put out only 350W. you could put 450-500 on the mm104's. the usa-2000x will do it:
    1) hook up 2 paralleled subs to each channel
    2) turn off the subsonic filter
    3) enjoy

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • DrummerMP
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks guys for your advice and I will it into consideration. Where can I find this USAmp-2000X series?
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i think its www.usamps.com
    if not, do a search in google
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    if u mean a dealer, there's a lookup on the page. and i kindly provided a link to the amp :D.