Magi Phonomenal Dual Input Tube Based Phono Stage Preamp

Options
Mike Reeter
Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
edited May 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Offering up a NEW (less than 20 hours) Magi Phonomenal Phono Stage. These are a Custom Built unit made to order. The normal waiting period can be up to eight weeks, thats how long it took to receive this one.

An all Point-2-Point Wired unit that is extremely quite and quite versatile, Dual Inputs for multiple Tables/Arms, easy selection of loading/cap. settings and a Volume (Gain) Control that makes matching the gain to your Linestage a snap.

I purchased this unit for a second system that unfortunately will not come to pass, our youngest is set to Graduate with his BS this month, and has informed us that he wants to obtain an MBA. I'm elated with his decision but it has put my dreams of that additional rig on HOLD...for some time.

The new Magi's are currently selling for $1000.00, plus $35. to cover PayPal fees if you so choose.

I'm asking $950.00 Shipped and PayPal Fees included.

If my asking price is met, I will include a NOS Quad of Made in Holland, Amperex 6DJ8's that really make this Stage sing. The unit will ship with the stock, lesser Chinese tubes installed.

I put this Stage head to head with a Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp. The Magi sounds every bit as good as the Ares, with very solid Bass, smooth as Buttah mids and nice extended highs, with a HO/MI Cartridge. The only real advantage goes to the Ares as it has a Built-In Cinemag SUT. The Ares Magnum is a $2900. Phono Preamp.

Some info from the builder:

Magi is now taking orders for our hand built, point to point wired, pure tube phono stages. These are generally built on a custom order basis, built as ordered and are available on a first come first serve basis. We've been selling these for about 7 years now. Price is $975 plus $25 shipped in the USA and there is no discount or price negotiation.

Our phono stage is completely hand built, point to point wired and top quality components are used throughout while meeting a comparatively low price point. Our goal is to deliver a product that will effectively compete with and exceed performance on phono stages with similar features...that tend to cost up to the $3000 price range.

This phono stage is a 4 tube, cathode follower, proprietary design utilizing the 6DJ8, 6922 or the Russian 6n1p tube which is what we supply with the phono stage. These tubes are more resilient and tend to be much quieter (less noisy) than the 6DJ8 varieties.

The phono stages are now built with inputs for TWO stereo turntables...if you want mono, simply use one side of the input. These inputs are select-able from the front panel. We also supply variable capacitance and resistance settings with front panel selection switches and variable volume control. All these features are things you will generally only find in pre amplifiers costing $3000 and UP.

This is a MOVING MAGNET (or high output moving coil) phono stage only...it provides around 50dB of useable gain. If you have a LOW OUTPUT moving coil, YOU WILL NEED a head amp or step up amp/transformer.

These can be ordered in either 110/120 or 220/240 varieties. The provided power cord is a removable IEC type connector. Power transformer is made in the USA! Panels on BOTH the front and back of the unit are ETCHED Aluminum (writing will never wear off) and the chassis itself is aluminum which helps suppress ANY ac or radio interference that may be present. This phono stage is INCREDIBLY quiet.

Our phono stage has been reviewed on many audiophile forums with only glowing reviews. Currently there are about 50 units in circulation and I only know of two that have ever been resold.

$950.00 to you door. There is NO WAITING for this unit to be built. Will ship via UPS Ground Insured.

hr1vxgp2kgkj.jpg

19nnaklrz855.jpg

18nt0usnmuj0.jpg

e04urjaeynds.jpg

19hsuiygcxlh.jpg

Comments