10 year anniversary gift for the better half....

Options
2»

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Sex longer than 3 minutes...maybe take your socks off...make it real special, ya'know? ;)

I think you're way overthinking this. Kids to grandmas, a nice night out, take a stroll, and end it with ice cream.

Also, for some reason women love cards. Another one of life's great mysteries...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    I don't have a specific suggestion so much as just a direction.
    You're the only one who knows what is really going to speak to her.
    There are essentially 5 love languages that women associate with. It sounds like number 3 is not tops on her list, but look at the others coupled with some prior suggestions to see what would speak to her heart. In the end, that's what you really want.

1. Touch
    2. Quality time
    3. Material gifts
    4. Words of affirmation
    5. Acts of service

Which one of these do you think has the greatest opportunity to speak to her. Then just expand on the theme or combine a couple of them.
    Make sure it's fun for her. Knowing what you woman loves, besides you, is pretty important knowledge in being able to communicate love to her.

Best of luck and hope it works out great. Congrats on finding such a winner. It's obvious she means so much to you. Just remember, whatever you do for 10, 20 years has to be bigger. :)
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,374
    Options
    I think Kim's 5 love language list looks like this...

1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
    3. Chocolate
    4. Chocolate
    5. Chocolate

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,116
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I think Kim's 5 love language list looks like this...

1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
    3. Chocolate
    4. Chocolate
    5. Chocolate

Tom

After ten years, you should know o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited April 2017
    Options
    On our 10th, the Mrs. and I took a trip up North to Mackinaw City / Island. In keeping with the Aluminum or tin for 10 years.... I got her a bouquet of flowers in an Aluminum vase.

One of these years she wants her yellow gold ring changed over to white gold. We have been married 20 years, 21 this Aug. Maybe for the 25 Silver anniversary I will get the ring redone in white gold. When we got married she actually worked in diamond sales. We got a deal on the stones and had the band custom made based on a design we came up with. Her band is chunky like a man's band. Gold was $400 an ounce back then. Its over $1200 right now so it might cost a bit but I have to get this one done.....as she originally wanted white gold.
    10th anniversary
    "The significance of the aluminum and tin to represent this anniversary is their flexibility, a major requirement in a lasting marriage. The significance of the diamond is its beauty and strength. Other symbols that go along with celebrating the 10th anniversary are the daffodil for its flower, the diamond or blue sapphire for its gemstone, and the colors silver or blue."

TRADITIONAL GIFT: Tin or Aluminum is the traditional present associated with the 10th wedding anniversary. How are those as an alternative to a diamond? Some gift ideas include: aluminum watches, tin candlestick holders, aluminum music box, cookware and tin or aluminum picture frames.

MODERN GIFT: Diamonds have become the modern present associated with the 10th wedding anniversary. Diamond gifts are obviously more expensive than the traditional tin or aluminum presents. Earrings, pendants, rings, cufflinks or a broach are all great ideas.

GEMSTONE: Diamonds are the strongest and most durable substances on earth. Diamonds are the most popular choice for engagement rings and have become the symbol of true love. Throughout time, diamonds have been thought to have several powers, such as: protecting against nightmares, phobias, poisons, insanity, witchcraft and demonic possession. Contrary to popular belief, diamonds are not always colorless. They can have shades of pink, green, red, blue, yellow and even black. The most famous diamond in the world is the Hope diamond. The Hope diamond is 45.5 carats and located at the Smithsonian Natural History Institute in Washington D.C.

FLOWER: Daffodils symbolize 10 years of marriage. This flower represents joy, cheerfulness and happiness. If you are celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary you have no doubt experienced all of these feelings with your spouse. A potted daffodil plant or a bouquet of 10 daffodils is a great way to express your feelings.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Our 10th was 20 some years ago can't remember what we did we were living in Europe, I bet we probably stayed a weekend in Schwarzwald (Black Forest). I know what we will be doing for our 33rd Taco Bell and a movie great Idea Tony!

I say take her to Germany the Black Forest is a cool spot to spend your 10th, then do a Euro-rail and check out the rest of Europe.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    The Black Forest is a magical place.....love it!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The closest I will ever get to the Black Forest is the ham.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Danged phone.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    @treitz3 seriously if your wife likes the beach check out the rock house in Jamaica. Neither of u will be disappointed...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,143
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • treitz3
    Options
    Hello rooftop59. I saw that....man that looks really, really nice. I want this to be somewhat of a "surprise", so no international travel. I'll schedule flowers to be delivered at her work that Friday. I also want to take her to a fancy dinner the night of the anniversary, immediately followed up with a surprise "weekend getaway" that's kid free so that we can do whatever she would like to do. For the dinner, I was thinking of this restaurant >>> https://delfriscos.com/steakhouse/charlotte and then dessert on the way home to satisfy her insatiable chocolate desires at this place >>> http://www.chocolatboutique.com/ I'll probably schedule her for a professional massage/manicure/pedicure sometime during that weekend too.

I think I like the suggestion of getting her a Subaru Outback and I'm seriously looking into this idea. I don't think I want this one to be a surprise though. I'd hate to purchase a car, only to find out that she hates the color or something about it. That's an "Ooops" I don't want to deal with.

I forgot that the ten year was aluminum/tin. What in the heck do I get her that fits that criteria? I'm drawing a complete blank. I don't think she'd appreciate an aluminum trash can.

Those pads in Jamaica look so cool though and I would like to definitely do that someday. That and those little huts out on the water in Bora Bora.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming if you want. I'm getting some sound suggestions and I appreciate it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan Tom. I'm sure Kim will love it!

With 4 kids, two full time jobs, and no family within 1000 miles, planning an overnight trip to Dallas (100 miles away) takes an act of effing congress lol. So every major tip or gift is planned...

Enjoy this time while you can!
    Paul
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • treitz3
    Options
    Oh Chit! That just reminded me.....I need to get round trip tickets so I can attend! DOH!

Tom
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,288
    Options
    If 10 years is aluminum, then you might want to think along the lines of an F-150 crew cab. ;)

The DIL's ideas were pretty much along the lines that have been mentioned: a nice dinner, kids at relatives, and a weekend at a place that is special to you two.

Keep in mind that Easter is just around the corner. If the Mrs is fond of chocolate, the after-Easter candy clearance at Walgreens (CVS) is something not to be missed. It would be my opinion that nothing says "I love you" like a shopping cart half-filled with malt balls and Peeps !

Sal Palooza
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    ^^That may certainly be true. :)

But maybe a surprise box, filled with .... kittens ?

78xkcddc4njr.jpg

I'll ask my DIL in the morning what might be a more gooder idea. She has pretty good taste.

1) You cut a hole in the box
    2) You put your junk in the box
    3)....
    [
  • treitz3
    Options
    I knew I'd be afraid to ask. I just knew......

Tom
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I knew I'd be afraid to ask. I just knew......

Tom

Tom, on the odd chance you haven't seen it.... its a reference to a music video from Andy Sandburg and Justin Timberlake that was on SNL. Its well worth the watch, at home as its NSFW.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    Options
    No, I haven't seen it. Will check it out.

Anyhoo, I hit the wife up with the idea of the Subaru Outback. I think she just fell in love with me all over again! (she's down in Florida right now on business)

She has NO idea what else I have in store for her. *proudly smiles*

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Junk in a Box....catchy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a