upgrade to lsim705s and bridged behringer a500s.

Options
2»

Comments

• arekon
    arekon Posts: 77
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Might need a refresh but that's a lot of amp for the money.

it appears that way.
    mixed online reviews but thats normal for just about everything.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I owned that Acurus for a number of years. Only replaced it because I came across it's big brother Aragon for a nice price. That Acurus is a nice amp. A no brainier at that price if working properly.
  • arekon
    Options
    unless i get 'douched,' i will have the acurus 200x3 in my arms sunday morning. too hard to let it slip away as i did a few weeks ago with a rotel 3 channel
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,004
    Options
    Good snag...hope you get it.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • arekon
    Options
    so i got that acurus 200x3. it comes with a grounded power cord but is stamped with only a 60°C rating. i have a non grounded cord, same guage, but with a 105°C rating. all other cord specs between the two are the same.
    should i keep the factory cord from 1998 or use the new, non grounded cord from 2016?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Temp ratings are a non-issue here. Gauge and grounding are. If you have grounded three prong outlets in the wall, use the three prong. Then, if you hear any noises that shouldn't be there......buzzing, hum, alien transmissions from your speakers....try the two prong to hopefully eliminate a ground loop.
    Can ya dig it?

Edit: Because 60* C is about 141* F.
    If your house is that hot, go ahead and step up to the 105*C cable. Then call an HVAC repair company.
  • arekon
    Options
    we live in igloos up here in canada. will stick with the 60 for now.
  • arekon
    Options
    another doozy for you guys..
    will the rca cables play as big of a role as the speaker wires? i already have fospower brand in the closet.. ditch em?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,830
    Options
    They certainly can as everything matters.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk