Family Video...A-Bout-Time 4K rentals

Options
Been waiting for a while and finally Family Video in Kettering Ohio has their selves a selection of 4K's so for the first time we are rented one. Hacksaw Ridge it is. Now that we're sporting 8K up in here may as well enjoy a movie...am I right?? :)
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    Does your Family Video also co-host (?) a Marco's Pizza ? Good pizza.

The person-who-is-no-longer-here rented a couple of DVD's Back-In-The-Day and didn't return them, so we're up to about $5 million dollars (or thereabouts( in late fees at FV.

..... that Marco's pizza is very good, though. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Yes it is pretty good pizza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BBL.....I had Marcos pizza this evening. Beats the brakes off of Dominos and Pappy Johns.
    And yes, they only seem to be in cahoots with Family Video. So be it .
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Just avoid the old time pepperoni. That stuff is just little cups of grease when you get the pizza.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    zagcgyhhjl5j.jpg
    jx2ysa69sfua.jpg

Well what a small world here you guys are talking bout Family Video and all. We were at some brew ha ha beer festival until a little bit ago the wife had the munchies so we stopped at Family Video on the way home and ordered us up a Large pie you also get a free movie rental with every purchase of a lip smacking Marcos pizza.

They also were having a charity poster night and not only did we walk out with a marcos pizza and a movie, I got this kick azz framed poster of The Hateful Eight for 15 smackers time to go eat another piece of Marcos wash it down with a brew and attempt to hang my poster up but guessing tomorrow might be a better time to do it I'm rambling im out!

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Just avoid the old time pepperoni. That stuff is just little cups of grease when you get the pizza.

That's what makes it tasty! Bugger off!
  • lightman1
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    zagcgyhhjl5j.jpg
    jx2ysa69sfua.jpg

Well what a small world here you guys are talking bout Family Video and all. We were at some brew ha ha beer festival until a little bit ago the wife had the munchies so we stopped at Family Video on the way home and ordered us up a Large pie you also get a free movie rental with every purchase of a lip smacking Marcos pizza.

They also were having a charity poster night and not only did we walk out with a marcos pizza and a movie, I got this kick azz framed poster of The Hateful Eight for 15 smackers time to go eat another piece of Marcos wash it down with a brew and attempt to hang my poster up but guessing tomorrow might be a better time to do it I'm rambling im out!

Shizzt will be hung crooked, Steve!
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

That's what makes it tasty! Bugger off!

Hey now.... >:)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hijacked once again, but ok? From UltraHD 4K rentals to pizza..again. ok?? lol No, the family video here in Kettering is next door to a little caesars pizza dn those are just ok? When it comes to pizza, I'm spoiled rotten and not even marco's can build a pie I'd eat...well unless it was all there was?? We have a family owned Italian pizza joint close by "Jimmy's Italian Oven" that serves it up right and is fair priced. Only issue is you have to go pick it up.

was hoping my mention of 8K would raise and eyebrow in the OP but no such luck so I will indulge.. no I don't have an 8K set but we do have 2 4K sets so I'm calling that a straight 8! Weak joke I know, and that's why I play drums and don't practice comedy much!! Da dum!! :smile:

Oh, the movie was that of a 3D viewing at times without having to wear the glasses. Great flick a little sad at times but we loved the experience and will look first for movies that are shot in 4K moving forward with rentals.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • lightman1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Hijacked once again, but ok? From UltraHD 4K rentals to pizza..again. ok?? lol

You do realize this forum is habitated by professional thread derailers...right? :)

Present! (Hand raised high)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    I figure as long as I'm using the English language (or my variation of), then I can never be off topic. :D
    ..... and if worse comes to worse, blame it on The Lightman (pat.pending).

BTW, "Hacksaw Ridge" is Must See TV, in 8k, 4k, 1080p, or 720p.
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    You have a video rental store!?! I thought they were all out of business.

As for pizza, unless it's wood fired I won't touch it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Red Box is the only thing we have up in the hick mountain towns. I remember Family Video growing up back in Wisconsin though.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk