Mounting amp to sub ok??

I helping my son add a 10 inch sub to his system. Can the sub amp be mounted to the sub box? It would be helpful for when he needs the truck space and the sub needs to come out for short time periods.

Comments

• 20hz
    20hz Posts: 636
    should be fine thieves love it !
    I built my box with sunken in sides so the amps sit flush , well the next morning I came out to do the fun wiring to find a broken window and the box w/amps were gone .
    Big bummer well that was the first and last time I did that !
  • I don't see anything wrong in doing that except it would look better and would be a space saver. I actually just did that with the newly purchased subwoofer that I bought from 4wheelonline when I bought a set of Michelin tires
  • Jammin06Ion
    Jammin06Ion Posts: 16
    I know this thread is old (like me), but I'll comment anyway. As for mounting an amp to a sub box, people have done this for years and years without any problems. It's a great way to get the amp out of the way. I've never done it personally, only because I always seemed to find room for my amps. But I see it all the time on YouTube videos and other forums. It's more common than people might think. As for thieves loving it, that's probably true! You only have to grab one big heavy box and you get a free amp along with it. No tweeker is usually going to take the time to sit there and unscrew and amp mounted to a surface. But YES, it's a VERY common practice to do this!
    Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X704 head unit, McLaren MDSP-15 sound processor, Eclipse PA5422 4-ch to full range, Cadence Q75T tweeters in parallel with Pioneer TS-A1686R up front, Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters in parallel with Pioneer TS-A6990F in back, Polk Audio PA-D1000.1 driving a single Alpine S-W10D4 sub in Belva box, all in 2006 Saturn Ion.