Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Trey,
    Dude you're an artist do not let anyone tell you otherwise
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    thank you kind sir! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Coiling up for attack!

pxg0oz9kddxz.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Nice work.....looks sweet!
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    Looks awesome. My 1.2tl's are ALL stock. I have the rings still in the box from Larry. I never even bought the tweeters. I want you to upgrade the crossovers soon. Saving funds now and need to sell some unused gear. Thinking around Nov/Dec.
  • VR3
    Thanks guys! I look forward to helping :)
  • VR3
    Delivering these next weekend, will get to hear them in the flesh!

cra6922zvh1w.jpg
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Pictures please!!!! My rear theatre SDA SRS have done around 300 hours now and are really filling the room well <3
  • VR3
    My life has been so wild that I literally didn't even take a picture... went there, dropped them in, owner is very happy :p
  • VR3
    VR3 wrote: »
    Delivering these next weekend, will get to hear them in the flesh!

cra6922zvh1w.jpg

@xschop example 2
  • ptrooper
    edited October 2020
    noice
    Post edited by ptrooper on
  • ptrooper
    edited October 2020
    double noice...
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    I'm a fan of the bare billet look. Nice job.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • xschop
    Just to confirm, are the SRS and 1.2TL X-over plates the exact same size?
    Someone posted that the cabinets were different.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    xschop wrote: »
    Just to confirm, are the SRS and 1.2TL X-over plates the exact same size?
    Someone posted that the cabinets were different.

The cabinets are different because first gen. SRS was particle board and had some individual compartments for the drivers inside the cabinet.
    The 1.2SRS were made from MDF and basically had a center brace down the middle inside. Inside the 1.2SRS also had dados cut inside on walls and back to break up standing waves. I'm fairly certain that the plate although a little different was the same size.

• xschop
    Are the wooden grill frames the same?
    And what is their inside diameter near the Xover plates?
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2020
    xschop wrote: »
    Are the wooden grill frames the same?
    And what is their inside diameter near the Xover plates?

Pssssst....I have a set of SRS grills and XO's/plates in my parts stash (don't ask). I can pull them out later and compare to my 1.2's if someone else doesn't chime in.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • VR3
    They are the same except the srs has 4 extra screw holes to mount the inductors
  • xschop
    edited November 2020
    Thanks Jaycee, Trey answered my question.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Trey,
    Dude you're an artist do not let anyone tell you otherwise
    Yes, he is, and I look forward to his next unveiling.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    You guys are to kind 😊
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    And one day, I’ll be able to afford his artwork in my SRS’s.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • xschop
    Now that I've got the monoliths' monoblocks done, I'm looking at a more modest handle design for factory crossovers. The limitation is 1/2" protrusion from the factory plate.

gzgoowtm7z32.jpg