Tahoe

TrappedUnder Ice
TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Finally started on the Tahoe guys...whooo hooo... Ended up doint some different things... IDQ10 was too deep for pretty much any box to go int he stock location..unless i used like 1/4mdf....OHHH noooo!.
Ended up doing a dual 10" box .6cubes each....
then went to the local place to get carpet to match interrior....blow- they went out of business....only place left is in bufu Egypt down town...screw that... So painted box to match interrior....came out quite nice Me thinks!

Got me a new eclispse 21010 eq for my car...gonna put my 5yr old 2101 in the Tahoe...mor flexibliity + 7v line driver!

I almost got a Polk 8" sub to go in center console...but got a new JL 8w0 for $29 could not pass it up..lol. Will run it off the punch 40idsm....Old realiable RF (haha cody)...

new center console looks better ..sweeter... hehe..painted also (same as box) ...just need to plyurethene both for protection!

oh well..looks like this will be final line up!

Subs- 2 IDQ10" Autotek sx2200 @2ohms mono= 500w
sub - 1 JL8w0 Punch 40iDSM... @4oms mono= 240w (hehe..gain control anywon?)

Fronts... Diamond Hex (98') punch 401s- @4ohms stereo=100w (see if this does any better on the fronts

Rear Diamond mostorsports/clarion 3.5'-punch 160.4 2ohms bridged 80wx2 :)

Alpine 9897 hu
Eclipse 2101 EQ

lalalalalalalal I have some pics...just need to load them in the comp.:o
Post edited by TrappedUnder Ice on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    sounds nice...i remember 3 or 4 months ago you were saying "ill have pics up in a couple of weeks"
    i hate eq's...
    lol
    almost got a polk....wow...$30 for a w0 is a steal though...
    if the 10w7 was around $350...itd be a good sub as well
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2004
    worst 29 bucks u ever spent thomas -- shudda got a pyle before a freaking JL... polk's new baby momo 2084 would probably smoke the w0 cold.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2004
    Actually...Teh 8w0 is one of Jl's better subs IMO- and its only really doing what it was designed for...hehe..midbass :)

I looked at Polk...but did not want to spent that much! :rolleyes:

Cody...the EQ gives me more RCA options, contorl, tunning and flexability...not to mention 7v
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    yeah, EQs are nice in that they can give you better RCA options...but i dont think they do much other than that to justify the cost
    but to each his own
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    yeah, EQs are nice in that they can give you better RCA options...but i dont think they do much other than that to justify the cost
    but to each his own
    -Cody

I thought the same way and then I added a BSR EQ to my home stereo and it made it possible for me to tune the signal to decrease brightness and fine tune low end response. It allows you to flatten out the response curve some when dealing with equipment that heavily colors the sound. If it wasn't fro my Behringer and BSR EQ's on my home equipment, I'd still be looking for equipment that gave me the sound I was looking for.

In cars, they will do the same thing. Also, most EQ's will run 4 or 5 volt pre-amp outs instead of a piddly 1.5 or 2 volt that might be on your head unit. That can seriously help a situation with either alot of noise or multiple amplifiers.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    my pioneer does 6volts
    whether thats peak or rms i dunno...
    i have one of em split b/t my 2 sub amps...well...1 now...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    worst 29 bucks u ever spent thomas -- shudda got a pyle before a freaking JL... polk's new baby momo 2084 would probably smoke the w0 cold.

Yeah, I know what you mean! Its like those damn Dodge Vipers! They suck! Theyre slow as hell and the engine is just way to small! About the only thing worse would be to have sex with Britney Spears or Pam Anderson! Yuck!!! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    yeah...have sex with pam anderson and be HIV positive...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    way more than that... you'd be a walking (for a little bit anyways) encyclopedia of std's. :(
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    way more than that... you'd be a walking (for a little bit anyways) encyclopedia of std's. :(
    lmfao...
    thats something i would expect to hear from vince...lol
    -Cody