Monitor 7b vs 5b max spl?

Options
13»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Music sourced from a phone and speakers just above floor level.....yeah, unremarkable is what you'll get, but the console looks good.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• buttercup
    buttercup Posts: 34
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Music sourced from a phone and speakers just above floor level.....yeah, unremarkable is what you'll get, but the console looks good.

Thanks, I like the way it looks too. This project from the start has been about making this piece of furniture usable.
    This gets used in two ways; low level background music and turned up loud while sitting on the porch behind it... neither use requires much accuracy, just clarity.
  • RandyCroissant
    Options
    I had that exact Pioneer integrated back in the day, was a good sounding unit. My long haired years lol..
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• buttercup
    Options
    I didn't like how it sounded in this application, but it is a nice unit... gotta love those blue meters!
  • littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited March 2017
    Options
    buttercup wrote: »
    Okay, I'll stand the console on end!

But then it would be an RMTTMR array and that would most likely not work well. For an overblown background music sort of thing it should work great. Nice save of an old cabinet, I get what you were trying to do.

Nice save
    Post edited by littlewoodboats on
  • buttercup
    Options
    I like that... it's an "overblown background music sort of thing"
    Haha- I think you nailed the description!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I dig the look and the purpose, nice restore.
    Brings back memories as we were kids...thumbs up
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Great repurpose of a classic. The volume and clarity upgrade alone is worth the time and effort. Looks good.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.