2»

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Tour,

Woah ... wait a sec ...

Are you suggesting splitting a channel out of an amp and running wire to both upper and lower terminals AND to have the jumper between upper and lower in play ?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Yup...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Can I assume you would not recommend using the jumpers when bi-amping ?
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Yup...

Not only not recommend, but place a big NO F***ING WAY on that thought...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Right ...

It would seem unlikely that this technique would add anything in a non biamping setup but who knows.

How would you characterize the diffs between this setup and running a single larger wire or double wires to one set of posts and then jumpering to the others with the same gauge wire(s).
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    edited April 2004
    Options
    think Im gonna x the bi-wiring and get better runs and MMO jumpers thanks for all the pics....do I need the Naner plugs ??or can I use bare wire???
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2004
    Options
    go with the nanar plugs. looks better, easier to manage.

some say bare wire is better because there is 1 less item in the chain, but a quality banana plug is highly conductive. it will not degrade the signal any, IMO.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Ill try to find the plugs I can only find Monster (rip off 40$ pair) or Ratchack !!
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by PolkWannabie
    How would you characterize the diffs between this setup and running a single larger wire or double wires to one set of posts and then jumpering to the others with the same gauge wire(s).
    I thought it sounded smoother to me. It was pointed out above that the jumpers attenuate the highs. In my case that was a good thing.

Now with the Sunfire, I use the current output for the tweeters and voltage for the MW's. So while the jumpers are no longer an option, I get the same benefits.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I've listened to the current output from the Sunfire's and while it's interesting I don't like it as much.
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I did not mind the current output on the MW's, but prefer the tighter bass the voltage output yields. However, the current output just takes a little edge off my SL2000's.

I find the combination of current to the tweets and voltage to the MW's very pleasing.

Not sure how the combination manages to reach the SDA drivers, but imaging seems to work as it always has...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli