CONN/RCA tubes

Options
Has anyone tried these tubes out before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ECC82-12AU7-RCA-Long-Black-Plate-tubes-1957-Matched-/201785062694?hash=item2efb53b526:g:pm4AAOSwA3dYfCE7

My understanding these tubes are just re-branded.

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can't see the link from work. CONN are organ tubes and yes, they are rebranded and can be any maker. But a few are more consistent than other. RCA, Sylvania, Raytheon are typical. You have to look at the structure to determine who made them. Sometimes there is a manufacturer's code, but many times not.

Organ tubes are selected so many times they are super quiet and non-microphonic.

The key if figuring out who manufactured them.

H9

P.s I have some fantastic 1951 Westinghouse 12AU7's if you are in the market. Like these.

http://www.tubemaze.info/westinghouse-12au7-carbon-plates/
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    I see an EIA code of 274 meaning RCA did manufacture those. The Westinghouse I have are very rare.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!