2017 CES

Options
Thought you guys might like to see some shots from CES.

We debuted the Classic Brown Walnut finish for the Signature Series, a new soun bar called the Signa S1 that is under $200 and only 2" tall, and a new car audio line called MM1 and new subwoofers for our DB+ line.

d4pyc27e0th1.jpg
8nma7lggiri7.jpg
mnf9ofzabhpk.jpg
xr1c8lzz17u1.jpg
m9mqsgudsyc8.jpg
8omcnf5j50ua.jpg
02vrae7fnx1t.jpg
b6frjjg5snrt.jpg
08mf6gyes86m.jpg
qilmvk4zv0ys.jpg
268kgyviyksf.jpg
9vo8iny84mwz.jpg
c3z6vv6by5nu.jpg
s8puj5ac99sr.jpg
6goisgv9j5rs.jpg
o720lny3nhmp.jpg

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Very excited for the new mobile audio lines. I've had the current MM series subwoofers for a couple years and have loved it.

Have specs been released for the new subwoofer lines?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • bingmobo
    Options
    Was hoping they'd talk more about their DTS PlayFi stuff. I had hopes it would be the democratized Sonos-killer.
    Ah well...
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options

Very excited for the new mobile audio lines. I've had the current MM series subwoofers for a couple years and have loved it.

Have specs been released for the new subwoofer lines?

@codycatalist The specs haven't been released yet. It launches officially in the spring so stay tuned for more info.

6dko1xicsbd5.png

• D2Lo
    Options
    bingmobo wrote: »
    Was hoping they'd talk more about their DTS PlayFi stuff. I had hopes it would be the democratized Sonos-killer.
    Ah well...

@bingmobo can you tell us a little about what you were hoping for? The system has been and will continue to evolve via software updates. We did a hardware rev to the SB1 called the SB1+ that added ethernet and the ability to have wireless surrounds, so things continue to progress.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    It appears the bezel on the walnut version is gray instead of black and the outriggers are definitely black instead of chrome like the black ash version.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited January 2017
    Options
    bingmobo wrote: »
    Ah well...

Have you looked into Bluesound? There's quite a few members here running the Node 2, which I am pretty certain is going to be my next audio purchase. They're owned by NAD which I think is a Canadian company (?), which is a democracy. Unless you meant a US based company specifically.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Finally getting around to replacing the stock stuff on my '96 F-350 this spring. It appears my choices are expanding.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Brown walnut looks good
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • D2Lo
    Options
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Finally getting around to replacing the stock stuff on my '96 F-350 this spring. It appears my choices are expanding.

Cool. With MM1 and DB+ we really focused on reducing depth while maintaining output. A lot of cars have much thinner door panels now and we wanted to make the fit as easy as possible. The MM1's have a nice little design feature. The grille actually rotates so the dark metallic trim pieces face the same way in your car. On one side they will expose a MM1 logo, on the other they expose a Polk logo. Here is my original sketch for them.

You can see how the design evolved, but the gesture remains. We moved the cone to a dark brushed metallic and added the indices reminiscent of a high end timepiece, or tachometer. We added form to the grille to make it more rigid yet thinner to allow more acoustic transparency. We made the fasteners hidden beneath the bezel. These are all things that evolve during the process.

h78z5zxlv3ze.png

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Very nice.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    I'll make some coffee while the pictures load and get back to this later....

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • D2Lo
    Options
    you using Net Zero? :-)
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like the look of the Signatures with the wood finish - nice touch.

The exhibit layout is clean - looks good.

Is that a picture of the rear of the S20 with the port? I don't get the decision to go with that design route with the flexibility in placement of the RTiA 'power port' design.

As for download speeds - this is the only audio website I frequent where the pictures take FOREVER to finish downloading.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2017
    Options
    That's a wireless sub with the visible port not an S20, which has a power port.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• D2Lo
    Options
    right @F1nut , it is the subwoofer for the Polk Signa S1 bar in the foreground.

214pa53l2kol.png
  • F1nut
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mike, what about the bezel color on the walnut clad S series, is it gray? Why are the outriggers black instead of chrome?

President of Club Polk

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Love the brown. And an interesting fact is, I love brown, have a brown dog, brown haired girl with brown eyes. Yup brown is good.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    ^^ Cleveland Browns fan? :D
  • D2Lo
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Mike, what about the bezel color on the walnut clad S series, is it gray? Why are the outriggers black instead of chrome?

I mentioned this in the other thread actually:
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174277/polk-signature-series-official-discussion/p5

"I remember a few of you asking if we would be offering some other finishes in Signature. This is a new brown walnut finish we announced today. The baffle is a matte graphite and the trim plate is a high gloss graphite that almost feels like opaque glass. Drivers are the same titanium finish."

But to expand on it a bit, the feet on the black CMF are the same matte titanium finish as the drivers (I rarely ever use chrome) because they looked too heavy in the black on black, the titanium finish emphasizes the radius more which goes away in the shadows on the black. I t also makes it feel a little more sophisticated and I think adds to the impression that they are a higher price points. On the classic brown walnut CMF they are a metallic graphite to match the baffle. We experimented with it in both the graphite and the matte titanium and thought it worked a little better this way but we were splitting hairs at that point.

• F1nut
    Options
    Ok Mike, what you are calling graphite I'm calling gray and I'm sorry, but it doesn't look good. Black would have worked much better.

President of Club Polk

• D2Lo
    Options
    Thanks for the tip... I believe you said the same when I first showed the pictures go the black version. You should see it in person.
  • F1nut
    Options
    You may be right, perhaps a trick of the light? I've seen the black versions, the bezel appears black to me. Are you saying the bezel is the same color on the black and walnut versions?

I also saw the walnut version (pre-production?) at the MD facility. They definitely had gray bezels and gray grills.

President of Club Polk

• D2Lo
    Options
    @F1nut the bezel and the baffle are the same graphite grey, the baffle is just matte and the bezel is high gloss. Same finishes as on the black washed walnut color way, but both grey if that makes sense.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Ok Mike thanks, guess it's the lighting.

President of Club Polk