PBD, I've crossed over to the Other side.

CPHILHOWER
CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
PBD, I just had my Exhaust fixed. The muffler was bad. I had it replaced with (Belive it or not) a Summit Sport Compact muffler. a 6" can with a BIG tip. Now I've gone "Ricer" On a serious note, Its not as LOUD as most think. it sounds GREAT on my Escape.
Next month I'll have to get my BD1001 fixed. Hopefully. If not, Then I already picked a Replacement. An Ultimate Digitalis mono amp. 1 Ohm stable to 1300 watts RMS. I'll get it from PartsExpress since since I'm a previous customer. And they treat me well.
Chris
Post edited by CPHILHOWER on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    *shaking head* -- tis a dark dark day fellow breathern when an suv owner decides to go rice...

now we all say a solemn prayer for the suv's of the world...

*moment of silence*

least it sounds good tho -- most of them sound like **** cans -- prolly sounds good on your escape because it actually puts out enough rumble of exhaust to make a deeper tone than a hyundai or something.

i gotta get a turbo muffler for my truck -- wanna go with a single chamber glass/ceramic pack muffler... should do me well...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    i want a new truck...
    by this time in 2006, i should have a 2002 GMC extended-cab short bed Z-71 on 305/70R16s(roughly 33x12.50s) with a 3" body lift
    american racing rims, custom exhaust, k&n, other small engine mods, USAmps, adire brahmas, not sure on the components yet...same head unit
    high performance rotors(drilled/slotted) with oversized calipers...
    now all i need is money...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    heh heh -- u want my swampers cody ? u can have em cheap !
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    edited March 2004
    if they were 33s...38s are a tad big...
    shipping would be a b*itch too
    unless u wanna drive to south texas...
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by CPHILHOWER
    PBD, I just had my Exhaust fixed. The muffler was bad. I had it replaced with (Belive it or not) a Summit Sport Compact muffler. a 6" can with a BIG tip. Now I've gone "Ricer" On a serious note, Its not as LOUD as most think. it sounds GREAT on my Escape.
    Next month I'll have to get my BD1001 fixed. Hopefully. If not, Then I already picked a Replacement. An Ultimate Digitalis mono amp. 1 Ohm stable to 1300 watts RMS. I'll get it from PartsExpress since since I'm a previous customer. And they treat me well.
    Chris

Was it a whole cat-back kit? If so, I can forgive you. If not then I have to ask why you didn't go with something like a Walker Quiet Flow for a sublt rumble at idle and hellish scream at WOT or a Hooker or Flowmaster muffler that would give you a throatier rumble over the tin can buzz?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited March 2004
    Actually, It is a Cat-Back. With 2 1/4" Stainless Steel tubing. Only cost me $210 for the pipes, $78 for the muffler. + One new Ford hanger $17. I like them. They hold up better than the Cheap Aftermarket ones.
    Chris
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    I just dropped the BD1001 off on Friday for repair. In about a week or so, I should know if it Can be fixed. This place is GOOD. They fixed my last amp. The BD500. Had a "Singing" Power supply.
    If it cant be fixed, What would be a GOOD amp? Without spending a Fortune. I was looking at the Ultimate, But found some people had problems with them.
    Thanks.
    Chris
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    Where did you take it to?

• CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    Electronic Service lab on Scotch Road. Near Mercer County Airport.
    Chris
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    I've heard of them! Only problem for me is that they are a good drive away from where I am so I never went there.

• CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    As far as I know, its the only place near Trenton that will work on amps.
    Chris
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    Not only do I have the Exhaust. I now have a Weapon-R intake system. Including the Ram air kit and Cold Air shield. The Scoop is inside the bumper. Behind the Fog Lamp. Seems alot Peppier now.
    Now I know I have crossed. Dont know if I can go back. Toretto, Watch out!!
    Chris
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    put some BFG mud terrains on it and ill forgive you...:D
    -Cody
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    I just got the call today. The amp cant be fixed. Now I need to find another. Any ideas?
    Chris
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited April 2004
    Just curious on what a fortune would be? And I'm assuming you need a mono amp?
    "The Big C"
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    I am running 2 subs at 2 ohm mono. or 4 ohm stereo.
    Chris
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited April 2004
    What about Phoenix Gold? You could probably get a Tantrum 1200.1 for around $400 or less... nice amps, built well, good specs. The Titanium 1200.1 is more like $600 I think but that would be even better.
    "The Big C"
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2004
    I did find another NEW BD1001. At CBR Stereo. My question is this, Could my amp have been Damaged by a Surge? I found some people had problems from that. Amp hits, Volts drop to 9-10, Then jump back up to 14. And if so, Is there a way to check for this using a DVOM? I do have a 2 farad cap next to the amp. Using a 2 gauge wire from Battery to Distribution block. 4 gauge to 2 amps. power 851x and BD1001. Both have 2 Farad caps on each.
    Thanks.
    Chris