Wall colour

Options
Doing some paintwork and was wondering if a flat black wall would be better where the tv is or just room colour, which in this case will likely be beige or earthtones, and if black would going up the sidewalls a few feet help

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Don't really think there will be a lot of reflected light from the back side of the tv.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    If it was a home theater room with a projector a dark color, not black, on all the walls and ceiling would be best but not required. For normal residential rooms with a TV where the room is not completely dark anyway, the wall color doesn't matter much. Having a single black wall in a room would look pretty bad to me.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I use black velvet in a pleated curtain style for my back wall of my projector HT. 100 inch diagonal screen. The side walls are tan and ceiling is white. This is taken with full lights on. The CRS+ are simply resting on the L1230s, I move them down front on 26 inch stands for 2 channel use.85xcjd0v1cpw.jpg
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • msCritter1
    Options
    Thanks, the ceiling will be white and they can paint the whole room the same colour