Amp needed.

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey, i am looking for a new amp that will power my subs will 500 watts each. THe subs i have are 2 mm124's. I want it loud and bangen so i need some pure wattage to get my car thumpen. Anyone know when i can find an amp that fits my needs and wont empty my wallet? An im a keep person. I dont want to spend much.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited March 2004
    sry guys im an idiot and cant type. please excuse my grammar in the above.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited March 2004
    and one inportant detail..i need to know where* i can find it. NOT when. GEEZ!!! im such an IDIOT!!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    no problem, that's what the net's for :p

'not much' is quite subjective... for bill gates, say, 'not much' is a small country. do you have a number?

mtx's thunder 1000d may be a good choice
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    rf 1000.1bd , jbl bp1200.1, mtx 1501d, alpine's new 1000 watt mono amp, autotek stealth XS1500, usamps 1000X list goes on and on -- they'll all do well.. cheapest is gonna be the JBL.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2004
    Try this Coustic or actually 2 of em. I like Coustic a lot, mainly nostalgia from the old days but they make a damn decent amp and at a real good price too.

There is also the aforementioned Rockford Fosgate Power 1001DB which can be had here. RF is one of my favorite amp makers. They are a mid-level amp but can compete with the big boys in the high end zone. My favorite attribute is they have tons of headroom and percussion sounds amazing with these babies, really pounds!

Speaking of high end, there is the Almighty Precision Power PCX1500 which will easily handle your demands with ease! Precision Power is arguably the best amp you can buy. Well at least they were before Direct Electronics (Viper Car Alarms) bought them out. The new models arent anywhere as good as the older ones and look like crap too!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D