Replacement speakers

Good day!

I own the RTI A9 towers and the tweeter and one of the 5.25-Inch polymer composite cone drivers are defective. I was looking to get a replacement for both but can't find anywhere how to proceed. I don't mind paying but I would just like to know where I can go to find them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You'll have to call Polk Customer Service.

I take it your speakers weren't damaged when you bought them, that this occurred after some use. So, you need to understand how the damage occurred in order that you don't do it again. What are you driving them with?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    I see the OP has been back a few times since I posted, so I guess he's not interested in understanding why.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hi...sorry about that I had seen your reply but I was playing with the new receiver and had company. The 5.25 went away before the tweeter. I had these speakers for quite a while now. All I want is a place to replace them. I thought there would be some sort of store or something but I guess it's not the case. I am driving them with a standard receiver Onkyo 606 and I used to push the speakers harder but not anymore. I guess they just became damaged with use and time....if I could just replace them it would be great. I now have a ticket opened with customer support. Waiting to hear from them. Thank you F1nut
  • F1nut
    Ah, welcome back. So, you basically hit the nail on the head. Your AVR is extremely underpowered for driving those speakers. Trying to crank up the volume with that kind of power results in the AVR sending clipped signals, which will destroy tweeters and drivers. Those speakers require a separate power amp.

Be sure to tell Polk you are a forum member to get a discount on your parts.

President of Club Polk

• awesome!! thanks a lot F1nut
  • There does not seem to be any action going on with my request. Is there anyone from Canada who knows the best way to get service? a phone number or email address? thank you
  • F1nut
    You didn't mention you are a Canuk. You'll have to contact Walter Moser, I believe his name is. Goggle is your friend.

President of Club Polk

• Thank you for your help again. This would have been one tough find. I have tried a lot of different combinations on google to try and find how to get support in Canada.

• thanks so much Nbrowser...much appreciated!!
  • nbrowser you we're right! Sam is great! Already took care of my order. Great quick service. Can't thank you enough for pointing him out to me. :-)
  • Can you point me in the direction of who you contacted..im in the same situation