polk audio db 6500 6.5s

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
i am purchasing a set of db 6500 6.5" for a 93 grand cherokee front install.can someone give me some feed back on quality and sound please,thanks.
Testing
Testing
Testing

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2004
    Polk Audio makes some of the best speakers around and dollar for dollar you wont find a better speaker.

The Db series is their sophomore offering with the Momo being the top of the line. The Dbs are great sounding speakers. They are very warm sounding with smooth highs. Because of the smoothness they work best with rock and metal or anything with a good heavy guitar in my opinion.

However I would recommend coughing up an extra $100 and snagging a set of the Momo components. Trust me bro, they sound a lot better. They still have the warm, smooth sound of the Db but are much more detailed and can handle a good bit more power. You wont be going wrong by sticking to the Dbs but iof your budget can afford it the Momos will serve you better.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    I like the Db's....theyre muy bueno
    they blow away everything in their price range
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it