New Polk website is live

Hey forum folks,

Some of you might have notices a new polkaudio.com went live today!

This is a totally ground up redesign with a few new features:

1) totally dynamic resizing, so the site automatically reconfigures from desktop to mobile. You can try this out by making your browser window super narrow.

2) home theater configurator. I don't think you guys would need this tool, but for a lot of folks who are not as steeped in audio as you, we hope this tool will help them figure out what the best system will be for their needs.
https://www.polkaudio.com/systembuilder

3) lots more content, expanded specs section, a Q&A section on each product page, lots more video content and more images of every product

4) a much deeper Polk story page, probably my favorite place on the site so far (yes that is me sketching in the little video loop at the top :-) )
https://www.polkaudio.com/our-story

Most importantly we built a completely modular back end so we can adjust content and expand pages easily as we add more product lines and sunset some other lines over the next few years.

Months of work have gone into this and a lot of late nights, including some all nighters this week. I'm looking at a few designers working on about 90 minutes of sleep right now. We are proud of where we are, but we also feel we have a lot to improve.

Let us know you feedback both good and bad. We would love to hear it.

b7phbyyaccbc.png

5khmqzmaeilq.png

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Y'all have a website??!! Since when?
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Very appreciative of all the hard work and dedication!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I'm digging it also.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited November 2016
    Thanks guys, you might like how much info is on the collection pages. Check out LSiM:
    https://www.polkaudio.com/collections/home-audio/lsim-series

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Thanks for the heads up D2Lo, the new site looks great!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2016
    Mike, go to the Signature page. It is advertising the

S30

American HiFi Home Theater Center Speaker

$229.95 pair ???

And....

S15

American HiFi Home Theater Compact Bookshelf Speaker

$229.95 each ???

The other bookshelf speakers are priced by pair.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    cfrizz, you should get a QA job. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Terrific redesign of the website Mike, much easier to navigate.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Very nice indeed.

I can't wait for the S35 to hit local stores.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Looks nice! A bit glitchly here and there, but I'm sure you'll work it out.

Some of the links at the top of the forum home page are broken.

Any chance of going back to vBulletin?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Your cable management in the pics could be better.. and a power strip heheheheh...

Cmon man. :smile:

JK gotta give you crap
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    This site and the new definitive site looks good, more mobile friendly, but I noticed all of the vintage pages on Definitive are gone....

Will the vintage archives come back or are they gone forever? I had to use the way back machine to look up some products yesterday.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • D2Lo
    Thanks for all the catches guys. I really appreciate your eyes on it! Here is still so much more I want to improve but first we need to make sure we fix all these things you guys are catching.

VR3, good question and I actually don't know the answer so I will find out. We do have 2 more phases of deployment because we just couldn't get everything done for yesterday so hopefully that is already on one of our lists. I'll check with my director of brand design who has been leading this effort on the design side on Monday.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @D2lo,

Great job!

A new launch like this, as complicated as it is is never without bugs, but yours a a superb start.

Well done!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    D2Lo wrote: »
    I'm looking at a few designers working on about 90 minutes of sleep right now. We are proud of where we are, but we also feel we have a lot to improve.

Well then, I guess all is forgiven! ;)

Seriously, looks great. Somebody at Polk give D2Lo a raise!

Mike, your passion for the brand and it's success is certainly apparent (and appreciated) here on the forum. You've certainly been a big part in piquing my interests in Polk again. THANK YOU!
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Think you have a big typo for the LSIM series. On the page dedicated to the series, the are being sold at half the retail price. For instance the LSIM 705 is listed for $749.99. Really good price if that's correct.
  • EndersShadow
    Crap better buy a full set now before they notice!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • D2Lo
    on it, thanks fellas.
  • D2Lo
    Actually that is a national promotion going on right now on LSiM.

48b7dh83z4vv.png
  • scubalab
    Mike - Might want to fix the LSiM703 page as well unless Polk really is selling them for $374.98 a PAIR...
  • WTS
    WTS Posts: 170
    Yay sale!

Okay, here's some input (well, a bunch of input) from two people who used the Polk website earlier today (and tried yesterday) to make purchases on separate computers at different times.

You folks appear to be making changes and updates as the weekend progresses, so some of this is out of date. Even so, here it all is, in case it can be helpful.

Last night, I noticed the sale, and started to make a purchase. I put items in the cart. In the middle of the shopping experience, the sale prices disappeared. I sent an email to customer service to report this.

Today, the sale came back. Yay! My email to customer service is moot.

This morning, a friend wanted to make purchases, from her computer. At first the website was down. Eventually it came back online, but at first was slow as molasses.

She had a lot of difficulty navigating the website. The web page repeatedly didn't load, even after the web page was technically up and running. Even when it did load, the loading icon at the bottom kept spinning its wheels without ever loading. She couldn't reach the link to the LSiM702F/X. I had to text the link for it to her computer, because she literally couldn't reach a page that had a link to click to reach it. (I had the URL in my browser history.)

She did eventually get her speakers into the cart, and succeeded at placing the purchase. However, even then, at the end of the purchase, the web page said that the purchase did not complete, and to call customer service. The exact wording: "There was a problem submitting your order. Please contact support for assistance." Yet, while she read this, she received a confirmation email that the purchase did complete and the order was being processed. When she clicked on the provided link in the email back to the website, it told her that the purchase completed.

In the afternoon, I placed a purchase, from my computer. My experience went much more smoothly. The webpages loaded faster and more reliably. The link to my purchase was less elusive. I clicked on it, and completed the purchase.

However, when I tried to insert a promo code, the website gave an error message that the promo code was not recognized. It is a good promo code from Polk. It would be one thing if I can't use the promo code in conjunction with the 50% off sale, but that is not the error message that I received.

On the web site, there are also inconsistencies in where the sale prices appear, and where the retail prices appear.

The website search engine is not working properly. If you type in the model number for a product, spurious results appear. SKU codes are not recognized; no result appears. Etc.

Anyway, I hope that all this input helps you folks.
  • scubalab
    Definitely agree with WTS that the website is very difficult to see and/or find ALL the speakers in a specific line. I as well could not find one of the LSiM centers and the LSiM702/FX speakers. Having said this, although the new site 'looks' nicer, the old site was a LOT easier to find speakers.

Also, the S20 bookies are listed at $299.95 per PAIR, while the S15 bookies are listed at $229.95 EACH. Additionally, the S30 center is listed $229.95 per PAIR and the TSx220B bookies are showing $299.95 EACH.

Hope all this input helps work out the bugs!
  • EndersShadow
    scubalab wrote: »
    Also, the S20 bookies are listed at $299.95 per PAIR, while the S15 bookies are listed at $229.95 EACH. Additionally, the S30 center is listed $229.95 per PAIR and the TSx220B bookies are showing $299.95 EACH.

Hope all this input helps work out the bugs!

I've been told (by someone trying to get those 703's for a low low price) that although the site lists the prices wrong, the cart lists them properly....

I'd guess its the same for the new Signature series as well...

• dromunds
    That wasn't the case this morning
  • EndersShadow
    dromunds wrote: »
    That wasn't the case this morning

Ouch, I will tell them to check again and see how far they can get..... :smile:
  • dromunds
    price changed on site now
  • D2Lo
    Thanks for hanging in there with us guys. RE the site outage, apparently the LSiM deal increased traffic so rapidly that we had an issue accommodating bandwidth. All fixed now.
  • D2Lo
    Did you guys see the grilles on/off slider on the T Series page. Kind of fun:
    https://www.polkaudio.com/collections/home-audio/t-series
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    I hope the website work is still on-going.

The bookshelf page is still a head-scratcher.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.