Sony UHP-H1

This looks like an interesting unit. plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device; PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution, and 2.8 MHz DSD files, Does sacd and has a digital out. I am not sure if it will do sacd through the digital out though but, still for 300-350$......... As a transport and streaming from your nas.... If it had Tidal support, it would be even better but still for this price range, not bad.
Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    Got this from Amazon

Does it play dvd audio and sacd in 5.1 via hdmi
    Yes for SACD via hdmi, I have confirmed that. I have no dvd audio discs so cannot confirm but those should work ok as advertised.

When it plays sacd's does it ouput dsd or is it downconverted to pcm?
    can output DSD. You will also have the option to output PCM when playing SACDs
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • I just bought it, Sony UHP-H1 and I got a new phone, their new flagship phone the Xperia XZ.
    I had enough with Apple's short battery life, so I went Sony.

Anyways, the UHP-H1 sounds really good:
    my old AAC itune music files blu-toothed to the bluray player gets upscaled to Hi-Res audio via their "DSEE" audio upscaling. To my ears it sounds every bit as good as a good cd recording. I'm impressed with the audio!

But I have had some blu-tooth drop outs, where the phone and blu ray player aren't connected and I have to reconnect( re-open the Song Pal app on the phone ) to reconnect. It seems to happen about once every 4-5 songs played. Otherwise I'd give it 5 stars but because of this, it's still buggy.
    Sony's LDAC Blu-tooth sounds great as long as the blutooth stays connected.n8uzvo8tq296.jpg
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    Thanks for the review. It looks like for the price it can have a place in the audio world as a dac or transport.
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    First Sony player to play DVD-A