Audiophile listening clubs in England

Options

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Ha, I was just going to post that and you beat me to it. What a pleasant surprise, a renewed interest in quality audio for the public. Hope it catches on here too.

This would have worked perfectly with cigar bars and more relaxed bars to enjoy a drink, a smoke, and quality audio.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Certain bars are about quiet socializing, not the ruckus you here at many sports bars and the likes. You need to hang at a few adult places to experience it, which are vanishing due to smoking laws. We still have some cigar bars here in Illinois, and it's a very relaxed atmosphere with Brandy and the sorts, big leather recliners, and quality cigars. These types of places are also very well suited for quality audio, lower volumes, and the rooms are well treated. That pic in London.....with Horns in a room like that, I dunno.....suspect to say the least. Either way, to get emotionally connected to the music, the system is one thing, the atmosphere is another piece of the puzzle. Have to set the mood...relax, listen, enjoy your poisons.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What I do like about it is the menu that tells upcoming albums that will be featured in the days to come. In today's modern world as time flies by so fast, a place like this for like minded music lovers is cool. Tough to model a business around it, but you have got to give them credit for giving it a go.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable