Flac vs wav vs cd sound difference

2»

Comments

• While I DO agree with you @heiney9 when it comes to subjective material I think that you can agree no matter how precise the post it will ALWAYS end up being interpreted any which way!
    (*especially on here with this group of yahoos :D;) *)
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Knowing what source you are listening to, is in essence, another variable.

Has nothing to do with simply how big a change or more pronounced as one moves to supposedly better equipment.
    Has to do with removing a variable, with the subjective human element.
    When one knows the source, their mind listens differently, than when they are unaware, and are simply listening to the music with no good or bad expectations.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    ^ perhaps for the uneducated listener, but not a hard and true fact. Certainly not true in my experiences.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    ^ I was thinking the more someone knows, the more they look or listen for certain things they expect.

An uneducated listener is bliss, they just listen!

Ya not sure, everyone is totally different for sure!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I have just been using JRiver Monkey Audio (ape) with good results, I really don't want to get into all the this is better that is better with digital, all I know is I don't want mp3's..

And in real honesty I don't have the time to get that in depth with it, maybe if I had more time to dedicate to it I might think differently about it..

I am thinking about sending my W4S Dac 2 in for DSD upgrades though...
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I will look into those..

Thanks!! :smile: