Life is too short to be plagued by mediocre audio

Options
Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,712
Really missing Mr. Grand right now.

He would have gotten a kick out of Frank Zappa in 5 channel audio.

Wish I was able to get this done before he left us.

Here's to you, George, you left way too soon, my man. Way too soon.

v6a54uku4ycu.jpg
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    You and your family are forever in my prayers DSkip...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2016
    Options
    A very nice tribute, John (jstas)! George has left a hole here.

Skip, always good to remember and commemorate, but you've come a long way in that year as well! All the best.

Nightmares? I have them almost every other night. I haven't seen my wife in a month or two now; deaths and strokes (dying parents, siblings), etc. (the human condition, I highly recommend the mustard seed parable-the Buddhist version here-a classic discourse on universal suffering and loss)!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Time makes the pain a little less sharp as the years go on, but you never forget.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    This forum has experienced a lot of great loss recently. I hope none of those who have left us are forgotten, including George. Cheers to them all.

Stephanie's birthday is around the corner. October has been hell already and will only get worse as it draws near. Sunday night Stephanie was in my dreams. I didn't want to wake up. I miss my best friend dearly.

It may not be appropriate here, but I guess I'm sharing because many of us are in pain right now. Life doesn't get easier, it just goes on and you adapt. They will forever be with you.

Always appropriate, always feel free to share, much strength to you, the first year is so tough, there are so many firsts, try to keep in mind, it does get easier to deal with.
    humpty dumpty was pushed