Hello Polkies, long time

Options
Good afternoon ladies and gents. It's been a while since I've popped in, so I wanted to say hello to everyone.

I suppose my audio journey has come to a standstill in the last couple of years, as I'm still rocking the Rti 10 set up in the living room and the Lsi 7 set up in the bedroom. Money has been the missing link, so I've avoided temptation as much as possible.

Not much else going on. Playing hockey these days and therefore spending all my extra cash on goalie gear. Enjoying life with my adopted mastiff and a new role at work that has me traveling a good bit more. Home ownership is still overrated, but it's rolling along fine I suppose.

Hope you guys are doing well.
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Yo! Where my speakers at??!!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Home ownership is grossly overrated, especially when you consider you own the house but you still rent the land it's on from whatever town collects the property taxes :( . It does offer a wealth of tax deductions over renting, I suppose, which is fine with me.
    You still liking your 4K?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Russ, your speakers are in the bushes, right next to your puddle of piddle. If you mean the old Monitors, my cousin is now enjoying those along with my old Denon. I upgraded him from TV speakers so he's loving life (though they're surely working hard with all the death metal he listens to.)

Yea, the tax breaks have been good, but it's just been one thing after the next. Had to replace the heat pump and air handler last year, and then part of my fence this year, so my finances have been minimal. Absolutely love the 4K. Still not a ton of material available for it, but that seems to be improving by the month.

I did have a friend over to watch that Metallica video, "Through the Never" recently, and he was head over heels in love with the Rti set up, as well as the 4K Sony.

2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Sweet! Hooked another one. Good job!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    (though they're surely working hard with all the death metal he listens to.)

Sounds like an awesome guy, good taste. B)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Hey welcome back . Glad to hear you've been enjoying yourself.