Flac help, fiio x3 gen 1, Samsung Galaxy tab

Options
I know I've been a stranger as of late, but I am here for help. I recently try downloaded some music in flac from hdtracks, aND I can't get it to play on either of these devices. It plays on vlc on a laptop, but not on the tablet. It won't play at all on the fiio either. When I put my SD card in the fiio and update my music through the settings, the newly added albums disappear. I am about to the point of backing up my card and reformatting it. I wish to avoid this step, thanks for any help guys.
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• seabeerob213
    Options
    I have to give my buddy his laptop back tomorrow, I'm on deployment, anybody able to help?
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • D'prived
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is verify that your device supports .FLAC files and second if it supports 24bit *Khz files.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    The fiio supports both, and vlc will play flac on the tablet, I have had flac on tablets that didn't support it before. Just had to upload to a card then insert it to the device. Now that won't even work, for either of them.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Here are the specs for it,http://www.tinbel.com/product/fiio-x3/

It also seems there are updates for it, I'll give that a shot. I have been looking on my own too, but I figured I could throw it out here and find a quicker answer.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Update didn't seem to help, but interface looks better.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    did you format the SD cards in the player? are the SD cards formated to Fat 32? this would cause a problem if you didn't do this.

My X5 works perfectly with ALAC's & FLAC's & DSD (dsf) files.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    I'm going to back up and reformatting, but they have been fat 32 for the last 18 months and worked just fine
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Reformat, update, deleting the files and downloading again, doing this again after installing jriver, still no luck. The properties of the file says that it's a flac, but keeps saying it's a vlc file and opens with vlc player. I can't start deleting programs as its not my computer. Do you guys think vlc could be the program giving me problems?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Yes, you will have to tell the file the default program
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    I can't figure out how to do that, I'm not the foremost in computing skills.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    May have figured it out, first time using something newer than Windows 7, so there's been a learning curve. Finally found how to get them to download as jriver and not vlc, will let you guys know if I get it to work.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Does not seem to have worked
  • D'prived
    Options
    Reformat, update, deleting the files and downloading again, doing this again after installing jriver, still no luck. The properties of the file says that it's a flac, but keeps saying it's a vlc file and opens with vlc player. I can't start deleting programs as its not my computer. Do you guys think vlc could be the program giving me problems?

Right click on the file>click "open with">click "choose default program"

It should then open a window with your choice of programs you can open flac files with. If the program you want isn't listed then you'll click the "Browse" button and go to where the program is installed (normally "Program Files (x86)" directory), find the *.exe file for the desired program and double click on it.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    They work fine e on the computer, they just don't work on a device, and disappear when I put the card in the device.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Unless I'm completely missing the point that of what you said
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jriver sees the card as an android device, it seems the backup info I thought I had deleted, found it's way back to the card. I'm wiping the whole card now that I have backed up the music on it, wiping it again, followed by a reformat. Maybe if it stops thinking g it's my tablet, it will work as a storage device.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    So the issue is the sd card, San disk sdhc extreme 32gb. I tried a cheapo today, and worked fine.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    I'm convinced this thing hates me, wiped the sd card, it worked, put the other music on and it wiped the new stuff off. I guess putting flac and what lossless on there is a mortal sin. I guess the wma will go to the tablet and the flac to the fiio, then I will have to get audacity to work for me long enough to rip all my cds in flac.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    That's odd and frustrating. One of the things that's appealing about the X3 is the fact that it reads almost any music file--thus having issues with it is no fun.

I've got an X3 with a 128GB card but have only transferred a small portion of my music on it; just haven't set aside the time to do it. Don't believe I've used FLAC on mine, so I'm not much help!

Thanks for mentioning there's an update to the Fiio, I'll have to look into that and see if my version is current.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I have mix FLAC & ALAC & some DSD/DSF files and they worked just fine, except I think I had them in different folders.

I bought this class 10 sandisck and it workes great but the lexar class 10 doesnt have the speed it says, because the DSD files stutter and skip on it.

https://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1475106640&sr=1-2&keywords=128gb+micro+sd+card
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    It's getting to be infuriating, lol, now I have to wipe it again. I do have a 64 gb card in my Sony action cam, maybe I gotta use that.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    I think the card is just fubar, even when I wipe it and reformat, the second I close the window on the computer, and open it back up to make sure it worked, there's 16gb of stuff still on there.