Hales Transendence 5

DollarDave
DollarDave Posts: 2,575
edited September 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
Well, I picked up a set of Hales Transcendence 5's, and, I gotta say, these don't do anything wrong. I never thought I'd replace my 3.1TL's in my office, but they may be headed for the theatre room where my Vandy's are currently. Been spinning various Dire Straits, Mark Knoppler stuff and am headed toward some Rush and Gear Daddies soon. Paired with a Luxman integrated for those interested.

Anyone in the Houston or Texas area interested in some Vandersteen 2c's? They are likely on the way out of the house...

Any Hales luv on the site?

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    A little bump for others to weigh in if they've loved on some Hales (or not).

They are soo balanced sounding at all volumes and image really, really well. I don't miss the SDA affect as much as I thought I would here in my office (which is fairly big at 14 x 18).
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    3.1TL's in my office holy crap dude!!! I have def tech incline desktop speakers currently paired with an ACI Titan sub in my office I and think that's nuts!

Don't mean to threadjack, never heard of your new speakers. Enjoy!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I remember listening to some of their speakers at a dealer's, many years ago. I thought they sounded great. Great imaging.

There's someone selling a pair of model 2's here in Dallas. I'm not in the market for them, but I'd love to hear them.