2»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Man F§Ω$@!# social media

Truth.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    That's a killer picture. What (if you don't mind me asking) is the story behind the flag you have in there. Unfortunately I have 3 of them. Only one is conected to a survivor.

It is my grandfather's burial flag. He was in the pacific theater in WWII as part of a navy construction battalion. Unfortunately, I have anouther. My father in law just passed recently as a result of exposure to agent orange in Vietnam.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    I lost a cousin to Agent Orange several years ago.
  • crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    Options
    Nasty stuff. The Vietcong couldn't kill him, but the chemicals did. Now we have to watch my wife and kids. No one can tell us if they are at risk or not.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,575
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Since we mentioned agent orange...... my wife's life long best friend has several birth defects. Her father who is still alive (unfortunately it does not appear for much longer) was exposed to agent orange during the war. He has multiple medical conditions and my wife's friend, his daughter has 2 uterus and 3 folopian tubes. They suspect it's from the exposure. All three of her children, all boys appear healthy.

That is some nasty stuff. I have a few friends from Desert Storm and were exposed to the depleted uranium rounds for the Abrams.

I also know a few old timers from Camp Lejeune that have some horrible skin conditions due to the contaminated water.

I my self had a bad reaction in the decompression chamber at Pensacola Naval Air Crew Candidate School (NACCS) in 2001 and ended up with Decompression sickness type 2 (DCS type 2) and ended up graduating 2 months behind schedule. Then in 2003 I had a bad reaction to the 1 st Anthrax shot. Never did get the follow ups or the boosters. Then a broken leg, dislocated shoulder, cracked vertebrae, 2 herniated discs, and a concussion. But I'm all good now! :)

Anyways, moral of the story....... volunteering to serve is not good for your health. But I would not do it any other way! Some of the best memories of my life are from my time in the Marines.

Crashb4, one of mine if from my grandmother's younger brother. Unfortunately I don't know when and where other than it was in the Pacific. The other is my paternal grand father's who served in England on B17s. He passed in 2002.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Cannot help but comment. Thank all of you for your service and thank all of your family as well. Live near Ft. Benning Ga. We have some really cool Vets here. The flag I have is my Grandfathers, died and buried in France during WWII.