Subwoofer hook up to my W4S Preamp??

Options
So I want to play with my sub in my 2 channel system, and I have a couple questions..

First, since I'm using my balanced connections to my amps, can I just use the RCA outs to my subwoofer??

Or do I need to get balanced Y connections???

I really don't want to daisy chain to the speakers, that will be the deal breaker for me...

Thanks!!!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For my LSi7 desk top system I had Doug @helipilotdoug (Douglas Connection) make me a custom all male RCA Y-Cable, I'm sure he can do a balanced connector Y cable, too.

I use the W4S as a pre then Y the signal to the amp and sub full range and control the sub by volume

Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I use balanced out to my amps, then I use one of the spare RCA outs to my sub. I fiddle with the crossover on the sub to my liking, I think mine is set around 60hz so it blends nicely with the mains. I play a pink noise and use a spl meter to level match, usually the sub gets bumped up a few db.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.