Fresh out of the box. :)

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited March 2004 in Electronics
I just wanted to post a few pics before I rig this up for some burn in time. This is probably the coolest looking amp I have ever owned. 12 step adustable brightness control for the power meters that show left, right and combined power output. If you dig blue lights you'll love this one. Over built is the best way to decribe the build quality. I will post my shoot out between the Monster 2250 and the Adcom 5802 as soon as I get it burned in and some play time with it. FrankZ let me know if your ready for another Jam session. :D
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by jrausch on

Comments

• jrausch
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Heavy duty 400 series 8ft power cord.
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited March 2004
    Options
    The cool factor on that amp is off the charts. I will be intrested in your comparasion.

Mark
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Looks very nice and I like the blue lights. Post some specs on that bad boy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Niiiiiiicccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Next weekend? Your cave or mine?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Very nice amplifier.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2004
    Options
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: BEEEEEFFFY
    Life without music would
  • jrausch
    edited March 2004
    Options
    With 15 hours of burn time in it sounds like a cross between a Krell and Parasound amp. Detail and image focus are dead on Krell with the smoothness of a Parasound. Amazing how different amps can sound while burning them in over time. I pushed 326 watts peak per into my Lsi15's without any complaints from either side. So you guys wondering if too much power is too much, can now relax. 326 into a rated 250 is not bad. Frank I'm only off on Thursdays and Fridays, so let me know how your work schedule looks. I'll float down your way since you have more new gear to check out. :D

Power wise, the amp is rated @ 250 into 8 and 400 into 4, fully balanced circuitry, S/N @110 db. As far as peak power I have yet to hear it clip when I pushed the KEF 207's at work to 650 per. Another amazing factor is how much sound comes from the 15's when the meters show 1/10 of watt output. I have a feeling the Adcom will have to find new home. ;)

-Jer
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I forgot that Monster was doing amps......what'd that thing run?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • brettw22
    edited March 2004
    Options
    blah
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2004
    Options
    2 channel is $2499 and 3 channel is $2999.
  • brettw22
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Per Monster's site, true.......

But who pays MSRP any more?????
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited March 2004
    Options
    That is a nice looking amp at a fraction of the cost of a Krell in the same output. How does it run, cool?

Dave
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22
    Per Monster's site, true.......

But who pays MSRP any more?????

Most people. :)

jrausch, does it let you toggle beteen watts output and amps on the display?
  • jrausch
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Dave: The amp runs very cool. The over sized heat sinks do a nice job at expelling excess heat. Monster may have cornered the wire market, but they had to build an amp that would sell among some very tough competition.

Fireshoes: It does not toggle between amps and wattage. Monster has what they call a Backbone system from which it includes the 7000 Power center that will show amps being drawn into the amplifiers. My cost for the amp was very low since I sell it, so this is a hell of a bargain for me. An amp that performs like a Krell for a fraction of it's cost. We sell Krell also, so I can say with conviction that this is a fantastic product even at full pop and Krell doesn't look this good.

You may be wondering if all of those LED's are causing feedback noise. You have the option of turning it all off and I can't tell the difference. I believe the power meters are isolated as I'm sure it was not over looked.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I really enjoy the LED idea, in my 5100, it's just neat....no real reason behind my enjoyment. I imagine the Amp would be way cooler.

I hope that MC meets it's corp objectives to greatness, but I fear they may fall into a category allready occupied by Polk Audio. Oh wait....MC actually attempts to market their product...nevermind....I lost my head for a second.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brettw22
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by jrausch
    My cost for the amp was very low since I sell it, so this is a hell of a bargain for me.
    OK, even on what you sell them for in the store, are you selling them for the full MSRP or what?
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Awesome amp! Do the meters measure just rms or rms and peak. It would be interesting to find out how much power those 15's suck during loud peaks. Damn, sounds like it's the kind of amp the LSi would love.

Maurice
  • jrausch
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Brett: Full MSRP is what we sell them for. As far as I know they are price guranteed. This will help you get a better return. I have seen a pair of 3 channel amps on audiogon that some audio shop was selling for under MSRP. I don't believe they are authorized, so warranty may be void.

Organ: The Lsi's are running at their peak performance with this amp. Amazing how much deep bass comes out at less than a watt. Monster has the Lsi's in a choke hold and the speakers have no where to run. Try and say that with a receiver :D

-Jer
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Jerry,
    How about Friday?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by mark g. nelson
    The cool factor on that amp is off the charts. Mark

I agree. There nothing like bells and whistles. Even if they don't really add to performance, it give that high tech look. I know that isn't what we're really seeking, but to have it look good and THEN blow you away with REAL performance just screams quality.

Nice amp. I would also like to hear how it performs for you

Anthony